SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    TV credits and Canadian acting community
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV credits and Canadian acting community Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
So I've been binge watching Stargate SG-1 and I noticed that in the opening credits it goes....

Richard Dean Anderson
Amanda Tapping
Christopher Judge
and Michael Shanks as Daniel Jackson

Do they think we forgot him or something? Why not say who the others play? Doesn't make much sense.

And as I've watched the show, I have seen a LOT of Battlestar Galactica alumni on here. Was it a Canadian TV production?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
They're doing it in Stargate Atlantis as well. It's just the geeky science types. In Atlantis, it's that McKay guy who gets last billing and his character's name listed.

So weird. And I must be really bored. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
That’s pretty common in TV to list credits like that, with the final name given and who they play, almost like an honor.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a big Stargate fan. All three shows. I like seeing the actors on different shows.
Continuum
Travelers
Black Matter
Battlestar Galactica
The 4400
Supernatural
Eureka - I am just now watching this for the first time. OK show. I watch it while working in the garage. I play the game "what SG b list actor will be in this episode".

I am sure there are others.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post