SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Disney Plus can't rewatch problem.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney Plus can't rewatch problem..... Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone else noticed that with Disney Plus you can't go back a rewatch National Geographic episodes? Once they've played they won't let you go back to previous episodes. I dozed off to sleep and now I can't go back and see what I missed!

I wonder if anyone has figured out a way to reset this?

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I haven't had that issue with Disney Plus...

If you're just scrolling down to "Continue Watching" and clicking on the show there, then yes, it autoplays the next episode that you haven't seen already, or the remainder of the current episode that you're partway through watching.

But if you navigate to the show itself, either using the menus or using Search, you can pull up any of the specific episodes you want to watch or rewatch.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I haven't had that issue with Disney Plus...

If you're just scrolling down to "Continue Watching" and clicking on the show there, then yes, it autoplays the next episode that you haven't seen already, or the remainder of the current episode that you're partway through watching.

But if you navigate to the show itself, either using the menus or using Search, you can pull up any of the specific episodes you want to watch or rewatch.

It's not a problem with everything so far just the National Geographic stuff.

As you can see here "The Mandalorian" list the seasons and the episodes I've watched:

But on the National Geographic shows it only shows the episodes I haven't watched yet:

In the pic you can see that there are 6 episodes but it will only list the 2 I haven't watched yet.......

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
What are you watching it on? Roku, Firestick, windows computer, etc...

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LG CX 65" OLED

posted Hide Post
No problem here.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
No problem here.

Have you watched National Geographic episodes multiple times?

posted Hide Post
That's odd. We don't have an issue rewatching NG programs (my daughter likes the animal ones).

We've watched the same one multiple times.

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It might be a glitch, or it might be something specific to that particular version of the Disney Plus app made specifically for the LG TV operating system.

I'm not familiar with the proprietary operating system that LG TV uses, but you might see if there's an update available for its version of the Disney Plus app. If it's a quirk specific to that version of the app, they may have patched out that problem in a later version of the app.

Otherwise, if it's a glitch, try restarting the TV. (Not just turning it off and on again with the power button on the remote; the power button usually just puts it into some form of "sleep/standby mode".) Your TV may have the ability to do a restart through a menu. But if you can't find it, or don't want to bother finding it, turn the TV off with the power button, then unplug the TV for ~15 seconds or turn off the power strip if it's on one, plug it back in/turn the power strip back on, then turn the TV back on with the power button.

Smart TVs are basically computers. And like computers, restarting it will often resolve many software-related issues.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
It might be a glitch, or it might be something specific to that particular version of the Disney Plus app made specifically for the LG TV operating system.

I'm not familiar with the proprietary operating system that LG TV uses, but you might see if there's an update available for its version of the Disney Plus app. If it's a quirk specific to that version of the app, they may have patched out that problem in a later version of the app.

Otherwise, if it's a glitch, try restarting the TV. (Not just turning it off and on again with the power button on the remote; the power button usually just puts it into some form of "sleep/standby mode".) Your TV may have the ability to do a restart through a menu. But if you can't find it, or don't want to bother finding it, turn the TV off with the power button, then unplug the TV for ~15 seconds or turn off the power strip if it's on one, plug it back in/turn the power strip back on, then turn the TV back on with the power button.

Smart TVs are basically computers. And like computers, restarting it will often resolve many software-related issues.

Good Thought. I went and tried it on my Samsung Q8. It's doing the same thing......