SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Worst famous actor of all time?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Worst famous actor of all time? Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
OK I'm guilty of this in my first reply too, but this doesn't really seem to be based on lack of talent.
Which is fine, but let's just admit we simply don't like the people.

Honestly, when I see really old films I can't wrap my head around how so many are nearly deified now. The acting was just so laughably bad in most cases it seemed like Jack Webb was in everything.

Just my opinion, and I realize it probably isn't held by other forumites.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Jim Carey and Kevin Costner. One is over-the-top and the other is a monotone. Honorable mentions: Kristen Stewart and Kate Mulgrew.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Audie Murphy. Amazing real life exploits, very wooden actor.

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
OK I'm guilty of this in my first reply too, but this doesn't really seem to be based on lack of talent.

Honestly, when I see really old films I can't wrap my head around how so many are nearly deified now. The acting was just so laughably bad in most cases it seemed like Jack Webb was in everything.

No, I agree. That all changed largely due to the rise of "method acting", particularly by Marlon Brando.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I thought Costner did a good job in Hidden Figures.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Will Ferrell.

Yes, though 'The Other Guys' is pretty funny if you take it for what it's supposed to be.

Colin Ferrel and Nicholas Cage have had some bad performances. Hayden Christensen was not stellar and Adam Driver isn't in danger of taking home an Oscar any time soon.

Arnold Schwarzenegger of course.

Not sure about all the Costner dislike, he's far from the worst IMHO.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss1:
...Adam Driver isn't in danger of taking home an Oscar any time soon.

You must have missed the announcement that Driver is nominated for a 'Best Actor' Academy Award for his role in Marriage Story.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And his nomination for BlacKKKlansman

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:
Originally posted by Boss1:
...Adam Driver isn't in danger of taking home an Oscar any time soon.

You must have missed the announcement that Driver is nominated for a 'Best Actor' Academy Award for his role in Marriage Story.

Bad nomination. 2019 was a bad film year so performances and films are being nominated that normally would not. You know it was a bad year when Driver is nominated for anything.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I love Gene Hackman as an actor. The malevolence always coursing beneath the seemingly affable facade, he was able to bring to show as Little Bill in Unforgiven was the stuff of acting legend IMO.

Eugene Levy as a comedic character always brings a smile to my face, especially his 80’s roles. In the American Pie series his well intentioned awkwardness stole scenes also IMO.

Worst famous actor, Stallone was well on his way but then he played Freddie Heflin in Copland.

Seagal... all I can say it shames me that I watched his movies in my youth... Frown

Worst famous actor ever ? Winner winner chicken dinner IMO!

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does it still count as acting if you're just playing yourself in every movie, e.g. Costner and Seagal?

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I’ve enjoyed way too many Kevin Costner movies over the years to ever say he’s even a bad actor. To me that’s what counts. Same with Adam Sandler.

Kristen Stewart is one I would definitely agree with. Big Grin

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Must be a subjective question based on the answers Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5908 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:

Jack Webb was without a doubt was one of the worst actors ever. His movies were terrible as well as Dragnet. Actually most everyone associated with Dragnet back in the 60's were HORRIBLE actors. Dragnet was one of those shows I'd watch. Why? Because it was soooooooooo bad it was good.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Adam Sandler is getting knocked around, but I found his voice over work in the Hotel Transylvania series to be excellent.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post