SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The End is Nigh: Disco Coming Back
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The End is Nigh: Disco Coming Back Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Disco. Roll Eyes

The only positive I can think of its potentially rising undead from the grave, bits of broken vinyl gripped between its teeth, is that if anything deserves/deserved two deaths, it's disco.

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
synth pop =/= disco

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Come on! Where are the classics from Donna Summers, BeeGees or Labelle's Lady Marmalade? That was disco!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Whew for a minute I though you said Dubstep.....

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
You like it! You know you like it!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
If you (the universal) don't/can't groove to Stayin' Alive, your soul is likely cold and dark and empty.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I can't believe nobody thought of this:

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
C'mon Man!

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I just recently bought Skatetown U.S.A. on Blu-Ray. I've waited 40 years for this to be released on video! It finally came out last September. I loved this chaotic mess of a film when I saw it! Patrick Swayze, Scott Baio, Billy Barty, Flip Wilson, Marcia Brady, and an 18-year-old Katherine Kelly Lang from The Bold & The Beautiful, with most of the cast coked out of their mind during filming. The new digital Blu-Ray transfer blows away all the faded underground prints I've come across. I even saw a super faded 35mm print in a theater a few years ago.

I also digitally compiled the soundtrack. I had the LP when it came out long ago. It has some cool tracks on it, including Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr.'s "Perfect Dancer". I saw them perform at Knott's Berry Farm in the '70s!

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS7YL8JCSzo

Tina Charles...I love to love

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/mnkntLDNXCs [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My all time favorite Disco tune...by a New Wave band.

https://youtu.be/WGU_4-5RaxU

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Dancing was always a way to socialize and meet people. Young people today are still interested in that. It is a bit similar to disco without the heavy beat of of the Bass drums.
Anyway I'm all for it as it's better than texting your date over dinner.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Who can forget Dance Fever with Denny Terrio, one of my parents favorite TV shows on Friday nights.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16698 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
Well this is kinda rap meets disco by a South African-Jewish-American.

Posts: 2416 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that would slide in to Rappers Delight, so
thats the closest one yet.

So
Back in love again ( L.T.D.)
Say so (doja cat)
and then
Rappers delight

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who can forget Dance Fever with Denny Terrio, one of my parents favorite TV shows on Friday nights.

^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah. I always got a kick out of the celebrity judges. Often football jocks who could not dance at all.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post