SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bosch on Amazon Prime
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Bosch on Amazon Prime Login/Join 
Member
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
I think we would like to see photos of you theater. Big Grin

I just have a plain old living room. No man cave. Frown

I too am enjoying Bosch. I'm on season 2 episode 3 now. Just found it a couple of weeks ago. The wife likes it but she wants us to finish Dexter before starting something new. I couldn't wait once I saw the first episode.


Don't get too excited it's the worlds smallest theater. Screen is about 110".



You might call the "world's smallest theater" but I call it pretty damn awesome! I like the chairs, the popcorn machine, mini frig, and a 110" projector screen! Wow! Very nice. I hope I can do something like that one day. Thanks for showing us.
 
Posts: 1149 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
I think we would like to see photos of you theater. Big Grin

I just have a plain old living room. No man cave. Frown

I too am enjoying Bosch. I'm on season 2 episode 3 now. Just found it a couple of weeks ago. The wife likes it but she wants us to finish Dexter before starting something new. I couldn't wait once I saw the first episode.


Don't get too excited it's the worlds smallest theater. Screen is about 110".



You might call the "world's smallest theater" but I call it pretty damn awesome! I like the chairs, the popcorn machine, mini frig, and a 110" projector screen! Wow! Very nice. I hope I can do something like that one day. Thanks for showing us.


Thanks. If you are anywhere near Uptown Charlotte stop by for a beer and screening Smile


_______________________________________________
Use thumb-size bullets to create fist-size holes.
 
Posts: 12816 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Have you guys noticed how much The Wire crossover there is on Bosch. Multiple actors and the last episode I watched, Bosch's old partner called him a "true murder police."


_______________________________________________
Use thumb-size bullets to create fist-size holes.
 
Posts: 12816 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
That's interesting, given that the production staffs are almost entirely different for each show. There's one producer who's been on both shows but he's produced 30 Bosch episodes and only 13 Wire episodes. One director occasionally has directed on both series. I'm not that motivated to delve deeper than that, though. So I can't say whether he or the producer were responsible for the episodes where Wire actors have made guest appearances.



"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
 
Posts: 15757 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I really liked Episode 2. This is going to be a really good season. I wonder if we'll get to see Kiz in this season.

Kiz maybe, but I definitely think we will see Mickey Haller. It is predestined. Smile
 

Guess we were both wrong. But Bosch and Edgar can't possibly be partnered next season, so maybe we'll see David Chu?



"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
 
Posts: 15757 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
member
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I really liked Episode 2. This is going to be a really good season. I wonder if we'll get to see Kiz in this season.

Kiz maybe, but I definitely think we will see Mickey Haller. It is predestined. Smile
 

 
Guess we were both wrong. But Bosch and Edgar can't possibly be partnered next season, so maybe we'll see David Chu?

Well Kiz only comes in when he is on the cold case squad, so we may have to wait a season for her. Haller could appear at any time, though I am up to episode 8 now for season 3, and there does not appear much chance of seeing him either, this year. Too bad.
 
 
Posts: 8403 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I burned through it in two days. Good stuff.
My mistake was not doing my norm, I should have rewatched season 2 before watching 3, I only rewatched the last episode.

My only issue is his serious cross eye dominance when shooting (blanks). Big Grin Wink



It does look screwy.

I noticed that he writes left-handed, but carries and shoots right-handed.
 
Posts: 4009 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I burned through it in two days. Good stuff.
My mistake was not doing my norm, I should have rewatched season 2 before watching 3, I only rewatched the last episode.

My only issue is his serious cross eye dominance when shooting (blanks). Big Grin Wink



It does look screwy.

I noticed that he writes left-handed, but carries and shoots right-handed.

This is funny because the novel version of Harry Bosch and the actor Titus Welliver are both left-handed. The show's producers must have forced Titus to try to right-hand wield.



"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
 
Posts: 15757 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
That's interesting, given that the production staffs are almost entirely different for each show. There's one producer who's been on both shows but he's produced 30 Bosch episodes and only 13 Wire episodes. One director occasionally has directed on both series. I'm not that motivated to delve deeper than that, though. So I can't say whether he or the producer were responsible for the episodes where Wire actors have made guest appearances.


The connection is Eric Overmyer who is the show runner on Bosch. He wrote for both Homicide life on the street and The Wire. He also co-created Treme which also had a lot of Wire cross over


_______________________________________________
Use thumb-size bullets to create fist-size holes.
 
Posts: 12816 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Even more so, imo, is that The Wire is one of, if not the, most influential police shows in the history of TV. And really one of the most influential shows, period. Cop shows will be copying The Wire for a long time.

And it had a big cast. There are just as many Wire cast members in The Walking Dead (Bob/D'angelo and Tyreese/Dennis "Cutty" Wise) as in Bosch (J Edgar/Marlo and Irving/Daniels), right?



"The frost on the ground probably envies the frost on the trees."
 
Posts: 8581 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Even more so, imo, is that The Wire is one of, if not the, most influential police shows in the history of TV. And really one of the most influential shows, period. Cop shows will be copying The Wire for a long time.

And it had a big cast. There are just as many Wire cast members in The Walking Dead (Bob/D'angelo and Tyreese/Dennis "Cutty" Wise) as in Bosch (J Edgar/Marlo and Irving/Daniels), right?


Ziggy (James Ransone) was in last season as one of the crooked cops too. The reporter guy from this season was in Generation Kill. It's also interesting that the deputy chief who then becomes acting chief on both shows has Irving as either a first or last name Eek


_______________________________________________
Use thumb-size bullets to create fist-size holes.
 
Posts: 12816 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInWV
posted Hide Post
Great show. It's also making me want a 1911 pretty badly.


_______________________________

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."
- Jim Elliot
 
Posts: 15032 | Location: Cross Lanes, WV | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
Just finished the 3rd season yesterday, still going strong. Looking forward to the next one.

Again, I love the banter Bosch has with his coworkers.



Sig P229R 9mm
Sig P320c 9mm
 
Posts: 888 | Location: Tampa, FL USA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:
I noticed that he writes left-handed, but carries and shoots right-handed.


Keanu Reeves does the same thing.

I only noticed because I also do it. Except, I shoot handguns right handed but shoot rifles left handed.
 
Posts: 2850 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
member
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
 
My wife is that way. Carries/shoots leftie (pistol and shotgun), but is otherwise right-handed.
 
 
Posts: 8403 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:
I noticed that he writes left-handed, but carries and shoots right-handed.


Keanu Reeves does the same thing.

I only noticed because I also do it. Except, I shoot handguns right handed but shoot rifles left handed.


Just like me. Righty handgun shooter, lefty long gun shooter. Thankfully I'm right eye dominant.


________________________________________________________
SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
 
Posts: 34048 | Location: NW Indiana | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Season 4 is about 9 or 10 months away...sucks having to wait that long, but that's life.

Edgar has to go. I dont really care for his character.


______________________________________________________
Often times a very small man can cast a very large shadow
 
Posts: 4972 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
member
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Season 4 is about 9 or 10 months away...sucks having to wait that long, but that's life.

Edgar has to go. I dont really care for his character.

I actually like Edgar, but that's another story. Bosch certainly has his work cut out for him for the next series, pinning Bradly for his mother's murder. Maybe then we will see Mickey Haller.
 
 
Posts: 8403 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I've just recently been able to start watching the third season and I'm thoroughly enjoying it! I finished episode 9 last night.


________________________________________________________
SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
 
Posts: 34048 | Location: NW Indiana | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I thought the third season was too slow until the last two episodes.
 
Posts: 14965 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bosch on Amazon Prime

© SIGforum 2018