SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Thunder Force - Irony is lost on the left - politically charged "comedy"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thunder Force - Irony is lost on the left - politically charged "comedy" Login/Join 
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted
I just watched this with my wife and my step-daughter. It's funny, but it's political.

The thing is, the irony is so thick, it's a wonder what Melissa McCarthy was thinking.

The plot is about "mutants" who are causing crime in the streets because of a "genetic disorder" caused by space radiation and 2 women who fight back, so yes, it's "Marvel world"-ish (or "The Boys").

However, the irony is spilling over, and "they" don't see it.

First, it's about Chicago... the criminals are running wild and robbing everyone in Chicago.

Second, the "bad guy" is a tromp against Trump but the "rallies" for the good politician (a woman) not only use the Trump logo but also has "rallies".

You have to have a pretty strong will to watch this movie and now shout at the screen at the left-entitled dialog (the "Obama's" are mentioned by name twice).

But I wonder how many lefties will recognize the irony of having super heroes over-throw the "incumbent" bad politician in Chicago to fight crime.

Released on the same day as the governor and mayor were boo'd, nice!

Good family flick if you can stomach it.

I'd love to have found a way to "watch it for free" as I hate having our TV logging a "watch" for the leftist Netflix organization.

James in Denver

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post