SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Upcoming movie about the 1980 siege of the Iranian Embassy in London
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upcoming movie about the 1980 siege of the Iranian Embassy in London Login/Join 
posted
"Six Days" is the title. UK release date is Aug 2017.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4703048/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_1

Article about filming:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...new-film-6-Days.html

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks promising.

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Oh yea. As a kid I loved reading about that mission.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend was having lunch or dinner with his wife and a couple friends in his London flat across the street from the Embassy when the rescue began with a bang, and according to my friend they had some great entertainment that day.

Unfortunately, being Veddy Brrritish, as he told the story to me it was pretty dull, so I guess I'll see the movie. The reality will be somewhere between Hollywood and my friend's droll British humor. Wink

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Here's the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndLJhJgDwI8

Looks pretty good.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Oh that should be good. Thanks for posting that. I plan to see it.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Anyone here remember Who Dares Wins, aka The Final Option in the US?

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
This movie does look good.
Finally, something to check out at a theater this year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
I LOVED the Final Option.

a tad cheesie, but good nonetheless.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Anyone seen this yet? Looks like it got a limited release earlier this month.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I am watching it as we speak

So far it's really good

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes. The op that made the HK MP5 the most sought after anti-terror weapon for years to come.

Although, if I recall, the SAS got their first operational view of the MP5 at the Lufthansa rescue in Mogadishu, a few years before, where 2 SAS operative advisors were present.

I have the German movie on that op and it is pretty good.

I've got the HK poster too. Very cool.

I'll have to catch the Rhys Gate op flick.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
it's available now for amazon streaming.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Was it not released in US theaters?

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Not bad! But then as a kid that was my favorite operation. Imagine if the socail media back then was like today? Everyone would want to be in the SAS instead of the SEALS and carry an MP5 (with huge D cell Maglite clamped on the top lol) instead of an HK416.

I like Jamie Bell good to seem him in the movie. Also noticed Max Strong (liked him in the new Sherlock Holmes).

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Found it on Amazon, going to watch it this weekend. I was looking forward to seeing this at a theater, oh well...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the pleasure of attending MP-5/Sub Gun Instructor school with Phil Singleton as the instructor. Excellent class and his debrief of the operation is legendary. If you are MIL/LE and have a chance to attend any of his classes, I highly recommend it.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I had the chance to train with Phil back in the 90s. Great instructor, really cool guy too.

Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mlazarus:
I had the pleasure of attending MP-5/Sub Gun Instructor school with Phil Singleton as the instructor. Excellent class and his debrief of the operation is legendary.

Know Phil and have taken several classes from him and John Myers when they were still with HK. His tales are legendary. One quible with the movie is they wore scraggy breards. Phil described how they hit their mugs with electric shavers just before standing to so as to make sure they had a good seal on their masks.

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Was it not released in US theaters?

Not around here (Davenport IA) and it was apparently not seen by any SF members. IMDB said US release date was Aug 18th.

Is it possible the movie got bad reviews and went straight to video? Or maybe someone complained that it make Muslims look bad. I was looking forward to seeing this on the big screen.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post