SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Edd China leaving Wheeler Dealer.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Edd China leaving Wheeler Dealer. Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I watched the last show of the season (Leaving America) yesterday. I was also very disappointed when Edd China left the show, but came to believe Ant Antstead was at least as good, if not better. In hindsight, now I can’t understand Edd leaving. The story was that the show was going to spend less time on the repair and restoration process and China was angry that the steps he took on the vehicle would be shorted. Sounds like he felt his integrity would be compromised if he agreed to a change in program content. I never saw the decrease in shop time and the restoration process that China rebelled against. I thought Ant got every bit as much camera time as Edd did, and if anything, spent more time explaining what he was doing and why.

I’ll add, I was always blown away by the availability of specialty repair shops in SoCal that Mike could take car parts to for repair, rather than replacement.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I had no problem with Ant. I was pleasantly surprised how well he worked out in replacing Edd. I've seen the new guy in one of the WD spinoff shows. He seems okay.

As much as CA is trying to move away from cars, the UK is ahead in that and just basically restricting car culture. I'm a little surprised that Brewer wanted to go back.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I wonder if WD will ever be as good as it ever was.

I agree with previous comments on Edd and Ant.
Edd made a mistake IMO for himself but Ant stepped up big time.
I feel sorry for both of them for different reasons.
Edd for his decision and Ant for getting dumped by his wife (Christina).
So I would prefer the American show I guess we'll see how it plays out?
I did like the show though all these years. Cool

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tartan427
posted Hide Post
I figure Mike wanted to go back to England. The original show based there was pretty good, but I don't think it was to the level of the U.S version that just concluded. A couple of years ago, I saw a British show that Ant was in (can't remember the name), where they restored classic cars and took them to auction. Ant is pretty talented. I read where he was going to stay in the U.S. (has a new baby, even if they got divorced) and potentially have another car-related show. Also read where he is going to be selling copies of the Alfa 158 Formula One car he built last season. I must admit, I will miss the show.

Posts: 655 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post