SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Wars Rogue One SPOILERS.... YOU'VE BEEN WARNED
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Rogue One SPOILERS.... YOU'VE BEEN WARNED Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I don't think its a continuity error. Both pinpoint strikes were with one reactor online. Alderaan was all the reactors online. Basically they can dial up the damage. They made a comment early in R1 to the effect of "just bring up one reactor". The inference was not a full power test of the capabilities of the DS.

Posts: 7480 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

Tarkin was shown in a non-speaking role at the very end of Revenge of the Sith with the Emperor and Vader. I don't believe there was any CG but, the amount of make-up to get the high cheekbones and gaunt look made him look comical. His CG effects in R1 I don't think was any distraction but, actually a testament to how far movie making has come.

I never got that impression. What they showed and what I saw was a much younger Tarkin.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
And finally, someone needs to explain to me how those two Imperial troopers can withstand the intense heat generated by the Death Star laser being ignited mere meters away from them. It was a mild annoyance in 4 but I was seriously bothered by it this time around.

The superweapon used Kyber crystals as the source for the plasma energy just like those used in lightsabers. Lightsabers don't emit heat until the plasma comes in direct contact with an object. So I'm assuming that the Death Star laser also wouldn't emit heat either until the beam hits the intended target. That's my assumption.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A slight continuity error between 3.5 and 4:
Tarkin is aboard the Death Star both times the laser is used to annihilate something in 3.5, yet acts like he's never seen it in operation when they destroy Alderaan in 4.

He does..?

quote:
Something I would have liked to have seen:
Admiral Raddus gets killed on the bridge during the battle over Scarif and a lower ranked Ackbar takes command to continue the fight.

The bridge on the Alliance command ship is/was suspiciously low-slung and in a vulnerable position. A very odd design for a supposed warship.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
The bridge on the Alliance command ship is/was suspiciously low-slung and in a vulnerable position.

Not the bridge, the Combat Information Center or Flag Bridge.

It's fine if the shields hold, and if they don't the ship won't last long anyway.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Those two were aboard the Tantive IV?

They were only aboard the rebel command ship in the sense that the Tantive IV was docked in the mon cal cruiser.

The droids didn't leave Yavin with the cruiser. The left Yavin with Leia--the person who Bail Organa told Mon Mothma he'd trust his life to.

So the timeline looks like this:
Admiral (Mon Calamari predecessor to Ackbar, I guess) takes off from Yavin.

Bail Organa and Mon Mothma have their conversation about Bail going back to Alderaan to rally the planet, bring back Obi Wan, and get the plans to the Death Star.

Bail leaves Yavin for Alderaan to send Leia to Tattoine to get Obi-Wan. Leia is on Alderaan. She leaves Alderaan on Bail's ship the Tantive IV.

She must have gotten a message about the battle and diverted from Tatooine to the battle... but why would she flee with the plans to Tatooine?

quote:
She leaves with the droids and docks with the command ship, which then gets boarded and Tantive IV has to emergency break-away from the cruiser's dock to get away from Vader.

Leia is on Alderaan, the droids are on Yavin. Somehow they get from Yavin to the Tantive IV after the Tantive IV leaves for Alderaan with Bail on board.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanksoldier:

She must have gotten a message about the battle and diverted from Tatooine to the battle... but why would she flee with the plans to Tatooine?

Maybe she figured the only one who could really guarantee the safety of the Death Star plans was Obi Wan?

Also, her original mission was to get Obi Wan, maybe she figured that she'd lost the empire and jumped to Tatooine only to be intercepted there by Vader (how did Vader know that's where he'd find the Tantive IV?).

It makes sense once she has the plans. What doesn't make a whole lot of sense is why she would be docked on board the rebel command ship? How did she know to go there? Wouldn't that association destroy your claim of diplomatic immunity?

OTOH, it makes Vader's accusations against Leia and Capt Antilles in Ep IV much more seamless. I thought the film did a good job with the fan service.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
And finally, someone needs to explain to me how those two Imperial troopers can withstand the intense heat generated by the Death Star laser being ignited mere meters away from them. It was a mild annoyance in 4 but I was seriously bothered by it this time around.

Nomex+ Asbestos clothes?

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:

Also, her original mission was to get Obi Wan, maybe she figured that she'd lost the empire and jumped to Tatooine only to be intercepted there by Vader (how did Vader know that's where he'd find the Tantive IV?).

It makes sense once she has the plans. What doesn't make a whole lot of sense is why she would be docked on board the rebel command ship? How did she know to go there? Wouldn't that association destroy your claim of diplomatic immunity?

OTOH, it makes Vader's accusations against Leia and Capt Antilles in Ep IV much more seamless. I thought the film did a good job with the fan service.

I figure Tantive IV made a jump. The Empire took the trajectory of the ship when it jumped, plotted the direction and compared it to known inhabitable worlds. When Vader saw Tatooine as one, he figured out the best place for someone to hide would be the last place Vader would ever want to visit again. Notice he stayed on the ship and sent troops down to recover the droids?

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So was Donnie Yen's character Force sensitive?

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
That's a very good question. I don't remember him ever force moving anything.

Posts: 11165 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:

Yes. But not like a Jedi, like he was priest in the church of the force or something. While he could feel the force, it doesn't look like he could channel it as a Jedi can.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 809 | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
When Vader saw Tatooine as one, he figured out the best place for someone to hide would be the last place Vader would ever want to visit again. Notice he stayed on the ship and sent troops down to recover the droids?

Nah, it's because the Imperial Department of Cultural Diversity declared the Sand People an Endangered Species after the last time Vader was planetside. Big Grin

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:

Yes. He had very highly developed Force Sense (when he remarked about a darkness around someone who is getting ready to kill and the ability to sense blaster bolts). He may have been able to channel some Force in speed and agility, but nothing at the Jedi level (Force Speed, Force Leaps, etc). If he had more Force ability, he would have been able to pull the lever via telekinesis from where he was taking cover, as opposed walking out to physically pull it.

In Star Wars Rebels, Kanan becomes blind, he can still sense through the Force but he learns to "see" (as opposed to sense) through the Force.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanksoldier:
quote:
The bridge on the Alliance command ship is/was suspiciously low-slung and in a vulnerable position.

Not the bridge, the Combat Information Center or Flag Bridge.

It's fine if the shields hold, and if they don't the ship won't last long anyway.

I haven't seen it yet, so please let me know if I'm way off-base here (I don't mind spoilers, hence why I'm here XD)

They may have changed it for Rogue One, but as far as the "lore" of the universe when prior, the Rebel command ships, the Mon Calamari Cruisers, were never designed as warships. They were luxury liners that were re-purposed for the Rebellion, which is why their design would seem a bit off. A "battle bridge" may have been added as an afterthough kind of thing.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really liked how they never let on if Donnie Yen was actually using the force or if it was just him.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the cinema. Enjoyed R1 but liked TFA more. I'd give R1 7.5 or 8 out of 10.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was just posted on BBC that Carrie Fisher had a heart attack on a trans continental flight from London to LA.....
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38423963

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
It was just posted on BBC that Carrie Fisher had a heart attack on a trans continental flight from London to LA.....
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38423963

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8850042614

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12636 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post