SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    2020 Ford Ranger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2020 Ford Ranger Login/Join 
Picture of NewRiverGeorge
posted
Looking at getting a midsize pickup and I really like the looks and styling of the new Rangers. Anyone tried them yet?

Posts: 23 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: March 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I watched a few YouTube videos on the Ranger. It seems like a pretty decent truck. The price of it and an F150 are so close though, I'd probably get the 150 just to have a bit more elbow room.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I've heard they are willing to barter for 8 rolls of toilet paper and 6 lightly used N95 masks.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
They are nice, found it a bit cramped getting into and the position hurt my hip a bit, nothing major, for the bucks I'd probably opt for a XLT F150 with 2.7 Ecoboost.

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
That's a pretty good truck and I think I'd be happy with one but I'm on my third Tacoma and I don't see moving out of my current 2019 TRD OffRoad anytime soon. All of today's offerings each has it's pros and cons. So figure out if the pros out weigh the cons for you and justify the sticker price. As mentioned above, I think if I where to jettison my Tacoma, I'd go with a Lexus GX460. Not a truck, rather and SUV...About $5000~ or more and one hell of an SUV.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I have a 2019 Ranger and it's a great truck. I average about 22 mpg, has plenty of get up and go, and tows as much as I need to tow. The only downside I've found is that the interior can be a little cramped.
With the incentives, I'd look at one again and probably buy it again.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
How tall are you & do you have enough head space without having to recline the seat? That was my problem with the Tacoma. I was too tall Frown
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
I have a 2019 Ranger and it's a great truck. I average about 22 mpg, has plenty of get up and go, and tows as much as I need to tow. The only downside I've found is that the interior can be a little cramped.
With the incentives, I'd look at one again and probably buy it again.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I'm 5'7 and have plenty of room overhead. My son is 6'1 and he doesn't have to recline it any. I have more headroom than I did in my F150.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Thank you
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
I'm 5'7 and have plenty of room overhead. My son is 6'1 and he doesn't have to recline it any. I have more headroom than I did in my F150.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Do you do your own maintenance? Unless they changed mid-production getting to the oil filter on the Ranger is a PITA requiring one to go through the wheel well to get at it. If it were me, I'd probably plan on a remote oil filter and cooler if it didn't come with it.

Also look at current rebates an incentives. There's some big ones on F-150's right now, but you may want/need the smaller size of the Ranger.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post