SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix: Tiger King
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix: Tiger King Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What a freak show. It did draw me in. Strangely enough, I found myself rooting for the guy at the end, even though he was no angel to say the least. His antagonist, the busy body lady, was by far the worst of the two. No contest.

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Today on Rush, Snerdley was recommending this to Rush. He also used the descriptive term "trainwreck" to describe it to him.

I don't have Netflix and from this thread this fucked up series in no way motivates me to change that situation. Gawd almighty these Hollyweird people get sicker and sicker every lunar cycle. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16215 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Today on Rush, Snerdley was recommending this to Rush. He also used the descriptive term "trainwreck" to describe it to him.

I don't have Netflix and from this thread this fucked up series in no way motivates me to change that situation. Gawd almighty these Hollyweird people get sicker and sicker every lunar cycle. Frown

They aren't Hollywood types. The primary focus is in Oklahoma, on a redneck who calls himself Joe Exotic.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
If this doesn't become a Will Ferrell movie with Danny Mcbride, Amy Poehler and Rob Riggle I'll be forever bitter

It is like a Danny McBride script.

Baskin is worse, in my view, because she pretends to be in the tiger business for better reasons. But she is really just the same as Joe Exotic.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I gotta say. It was a entertaining train wreck. I will say one thing. Joe was a master level troll. Guy went the extra mile.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8852 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Disgusting group of people, all of them.
Entertaining show.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joe Exotic was funny as hell.

The thing that concerned me is how could the FBI and a fed prosecutor not have realized that they were being used by con men trying to take Joe’s zoo. The reported hit man said in plain English he was just taking Joe’s money and never intended to kill anyone. If Joe is in jail, the rest of them should be too.

Also - does PETA really think that Carol is somehow treating animals differently than Joe or that freak Bhagawan Antle? And how can any credible national organization be involved with someone who very clearly got rid of her ex for his money.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Abn556:
Joe Exotic was funny as hell.

The thing that concerned me is how could the FBI and a fed prosecutor not have realized that they were being used by con men trying to take Joe’s zoo. The reported hit man said in plain English he was just taking Joe’s money and never intended to kill anyone. If Joe is in jail, the rest of them should be too.

Yes, it seemed like a weak case and the amount of time he got was incredible. Fed time too so he isn't getting out anytime soon.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Abn556:
Also - does PETA really think that Carol is somehow treating animals differently than Joe or that freak Bhagawan Antle? And how can any credible national organization be involved with someone who very clearly got rid of her ex for his money.

+

These crazy PETA types think that simply petting one of those tigers is animal abuse. Petting. Looking at them in cages? OK. Petting? Abuse.

Anybody involved in any of the radical animal rights groups is sick in the head.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:

They aren't Hollywood types. The primary focus is in Oklahoma, on a redneck who calls himself Joe Exotic.

Sorry for not being clear. I was alluding to producers and writers who put out this garbage.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16215 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:

Sorry for not being clear. I was alluding to producers and writers who put out this garbage.

It's actually, IMHO, not a garbage type show. The people in may be, but not the show.

What I thought was, the position which you might think Netflix would take (ie., who they would side with) is ont whom I thought they would. Looking back on it, it seems Netflix didn't take a position, just let the people speak open and freely.

And I do think she killed her husband. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Netflix just gave a bunch of people rope and they all hung themselves with it. They are all insane and the worst of humanity.

Got these from my daughter...

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That psycho bitch absolutely killed her husband.

A sheriff in Florida is now looking more deeply into the case actually and asking for tips with the interest created by the show.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Netflix just gave a bunch of people rope and they all hung themselves with it. They are all insane and the worst of humanity.

Tony.

Agreed on both counts!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What scares me mist is Carole reminds me a lot of my ex wife....to the point where I think i could have been killed and fed to animals at some point

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Guess I’m the first post of dissent.

Watched the first episode. Give it a 1.5 star of 5.

Back to Ozark.

Second. I got through 1.5 episodes. I completely lost interest in all the freaks. No way I could get through 7 episodes. I'd watch the whole story compressed into a 20/20 or Dateline though.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Watched episode 1 tonight. It was interesting, not sure if I need any more. I think I’m off to season 3 of Ozark next.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
I guess people who like this like KUWTK as well. heh

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
To those who bailed out - to each their own, but the story gets a lot deeper and more serious starting with episode 3. I just finished tonight, and the final episode, to me, did a good job evoking a variety of emotions for the people and animals involved.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Just finished the last episode. Everyone except the one armed girl is a waste of human life. They're all walking train wrecks, back stabbers, con artists, cult leaders, murderers and just plain trash.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post