Tools

Remakes Login/Join 
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
We all have hatred for movies that are remade of ones that are our favorites.
There are also some remakes that are better. Such as the Island of Doctor Moreau. The remake is better than the original in my opinion.
are you comparing that to the original Island of Lost Souls (1932)? Charles Laughton, Bela Lugosi. I don't think the 1977 or the 1996 remakes compare favorably at all.

What is the law?

Not to eat meat, that is the law. Are we not men?

The 1996 one was terrible. I really like the Island of Lost Souls its just that I like the remake better. Burt Lancaster portrayed his character perfectly.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3865 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
What's the remake for Highlander? Or do you mean the one with Sean Connery is the remake of the 1959 movie?

For my picks:
Dredd (remake of Judge Dredd)
Batman Begins/The Dark Knight (remake of the Batman movies before them)
Appleseed (remake of Appleseed)

I had no idea the Sean Connery Highlander was a remake. It was low budget and is in need of a redo.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3865 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

But they'll need a shitload of dimes!

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
What's the remake for Highlander? Or do you mean the one with Sean Connery is the remake of the 1959 movie?

For my picks:
Dredd (remake of Judge Dredd)
Batman Begins/The Dark Knight (remake of the Batman movies before them)
Appleseed (remake of Appleseed)

I had no idea the Sean Connery Highlander was a remake. It was low budget and is in need of a redo.

It's not. He's saying that he would like to see a remake of Highlander.

Posts: 11166 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Logan's run. That has the potential for a fantastic remake with modern special effects. The mini-series wasn't terrible, but got a bit tedious and predictable.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damnation Alley could stand a remake.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
As was the remake of "True Grit".

I, too like the remake more than the original, which I feel was more a vehicle for John Wayne. Not that I don’t enjoy watching it. However, given the choice, I’d prefer to watch the remake.

John Wayne was John Wayne is every movie he ever made. Jeff Bridges is far and away a better actor. He nailed Rooster Cogburn almost as good as he nailed Bad Blake. This remake was a lot better than the original if for no other reason than it didn't have Glen Campbell trying to act. While I believe the guy is one of the best guitar players who ever lived and an amazing musician all around, an actor he was not.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in the "Dune" and "Starship Troopers" camp as well. Time to do the outstanding source material justice!

Saw the SciFy Dune mini-series, was ok but not great, I mean it was Sci-Fy channel after all...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’m going to say Thunder Road, not because I think someone could play Korean War vet, Lucas Doolin, better than Robert Mitchum, but because I am fascinated by moonshining and specifically the moonshine runners and the modified car culture that ultimately led to NASCAR. I’d just like to see another movie made on the subject.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post