SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Righteous Gemstones (HBO (Now))
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Righteous Gemstones (HBO (Now)) Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Wife and I just finished the four episodes - definitely a good time of you're ready for a comedic take on the hypocrisy of the mega, mega church (think Jimmy Swaggart).

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Loving it. I've watched all Danny McBride's series on HBO over the years and I love the ball busting humor. This series started off wobbly but is increasing in quality and laughs every episode. The mall/church break in, and strip search portion was fucking hilarious. Walter Goggins is a personal favorite and this is the second collaboration with McBride and Goggins. The first being Vice Principals. Goggins is amazing actor and funny as hell so this should be a great ride. John Goodman was a key add to the cast but that Walter Goggins man is a genius.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post