SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Songs that remind you of past women in your life
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Songs that remind you of past women in your life Login/Join 
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Right Said Fred's I'm Too Sexy.

She was that kind of girl...

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/uEE3ycDH9_8

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
For the one that got away.

and this one, because the young lady in it could bed a twin of the girl I almost married.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
This was playing the first time I told my ex-fiance I loved her.

What's actually cool is that George is/was a team roper.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
Don Henley - Boys of Summer.

Same here but I prefer the Ataris' version. It always seemed like more of a celebration of a really great time.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
"Tiny Dancer" by Elton John.

Oh baby!

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
lynrd skynrd
tuesdays gone with the wind
they call me the breeze.
Ruby,,by ken rogers.
I named 2 of my horses after tuesday and ruby,my 2 ex wives.
Since then my nickname has been the breeze

para was kind enough to give that for my cut

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
The ex loved Procol Harem's "Whiter Shade of Pale". And I used to love watching her listen to it...

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why Don't We Do It In The Road.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Baracudda

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
Bob Seger
"You will accompany me"

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CNYTX11
posted Hide Post
Elton John "The One" -- she wasn't.

Erasure "Take a Chance on Me" -- we did. Amazing year of wild abandon.

Enigma "Sadness" -- all those dark nights in the Canal Zone around the time of the turnover at Josefines.

Eurhythmics "Must Be Talking to an Angel" -- definitely a fallen one.

Jon B "Hey Pretty Girl" -- she sure was.

P. Poe "Hey Pretty" -- yes, that car was damned fast and took curves as tight as hers....

S&W M-66-2 (3")/ S&W M-65LS (3")/ S&W M-10 (2")/Colt Combat Commander Series 70

Posts: 651 | Location: Johnson County, KS | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In order of most recent gals.

John Hiatt-Have a little faith in me
Shinyribs-Sweet Potato
Leonard Cohen-Suzanne
Serge Gainsbourg-Je T'Aime Moi Non Plus
Don Henley-Heart of the matter
Guns n Roses-My Michelle
Johnny Lee-Looking for love

added memo: the Cohen/ Gainsbourg girl was the most romantic.

Posts: 1680 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Color My World - Chicago

A lot of back story, but do I think of this particular young lady whenever I hear this tune.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
Color My World - Chicago

A lot of back story, but do I think of this particular young lady whenever I hear this tune.

My wife sung this to me while it played one night. I'll never forget it.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NavyGuy, I don't know if I should thank you or scream at you. Haven't heard that song or thought of that girl in quite a while. I think I'll thank you. That and the Moody Blues song brought up alot of good times, and some not so good.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4167 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
"Witchy Woman" by the Eagles takes me to my first wife. How I lasted 6 years with that woman is nothing short of a miracle.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KurtZ66
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Don Henley’s - Boys Of Summer.

This one.

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Posts: 413 | Location: GA | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post