SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Any 556 Owners Still Around
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any 556 Owners Still Around Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Not sure what he used as an adhesion promoter. He also painted another one for me in his "midnight bronze" technique which is like burnt bronze dusted with carbon black as a final top coat, which gives it a slight color shift. I sold that one to help offset a 553 purchase (wish I would have kept it now but can't keep them all I guess).

Here it was as originally assembled with MFI diopter rail and black gas block and Swiss front sight. I replaced the black gas block and sight with a grey Swiss set I had to match the rail and welded Swiss diopter shown in the earlier pics

additional pics here: https://imgur.com/a/14cORf5

Posts: 2240 | Location: Leesburg VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Here's the other one. I misspoke...this is the one I reassembled myself. I put a ShootingSight trigger in it.

If I happened to get it back at some point, I'd have the barrel painted black. I had asked for it to be left alone but somehow that got mixed up in the long time my buddy had it at the shop. That's one of the things about having a friend do the work for you and not bugging them about it.

Posts: 2240 | Location: Leesburg VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
Still have mine, still love it, but don't shoot it much anymore due to lack of repair parts available. Purchased from a member here, but I don't remember who it was Frown

I've never concerned myself with repair parts, I've only got a couple thousand through my gen2 but 7-8K through my P556SBR, and I dont know how many through my 551 & 552 as they're both LEO trade-ins. The 55X, like the HK9X and even the AK is a much more robust design than the AR plus there are several sources for new and used parts.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5399 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
Still have mine, still love it, but don't shoot it much anymore due to lack of repair parts available.

Unless it's an heirloom, a gun that you won't shoot due to a lack of parts is gun of no value. It would be better to sell the rifle and invest the money in something that you're willing to use.

Posts: 6832 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post