SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Franklin Armory Title 1 - CA Rejoice?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Franklin Armory Title 1 - CA Rejoice? Login/Join 
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted
https://franklinarmory.com/title-1/

I think I'll buy one if it all looks clear. I have a featureless (Thordsen gen 1 and muzzle brake) and participated in freedom week, but I'm interested to see what happens here. Jist missing a stock, so maybe the best choice for us in CA. Pistol grip would be nice to have again, and a vfg and flash hider would be a nice bonus.

Found this:
https://franklinarmory.com/blog/title1/

Title-1™
Oct 15th 2019

Title 1™a New Option for California!
Minden, NV, October 15, 2019– Franklin Armory®, the makers of CA7™ (the only California Roster approved AR,) introduces a new long gun for the Golden State that is neither “featureless” or “mag locked.”

The Franklin Armory® Title 1™ was created for our friends behind enemy lines where the modern sporting rifle is neutered beyond comprehension. While fixed magazine and featureless platforms will continue to have their place, Title 1™ provides a FULL FEATURE option to the consumer in restrictive jurisdictions. It has a standard magazine release, and while it ships with a 10 round magazine, civilians can use legally acquired 30 round magazines with Title 1™. Whether for hunting, competition, or defense, Franklin Armory® is constantly working to provide new options for the American firearms enthusiast.

Since it is not a rifle, shotgun, or pistol, it can’t be defined as an Assault Weapon in CA
Standard push button magazine release
Usable with legally owned standard capacity magazines
3 points of contact including padded cheek weld
Can be used with any flash hider or compensator
100% American made
The Title 1™ will make its debut at the NASGW show on October 23rd 2019 booth # 623

Available for order Now!

# # #

If you would like more information about this topic, please see our website at www.franklinarmory.com

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, if you just take the stock off of an AR and replace the buffer tube with a tube that won’t take a stock, it’s OK? I get it’s not a rifle since it doesn’t have a stock, and not a shotgun. How is it not a pistol, or not an AOW with the VFG installed?

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
So what do they mean not a rifle or pistol?
It's for CA so it can't be good, right?
Not sure of the meaning of all of this?

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
So, if you just take the stock off of an AR and replace the buffer tube with a tube that won’t take a stock, it’s OK? I get it’s not a rifle since it doesn’t have a stock, and not a shotgun. How is it not a pistol, or not an AOW with the VFG installed?

That's my question, but I don't believe so. With all the crazy in CA it's hard to follow all this crap, but Franklin Armory does find ways to put out stuff that is legal, and for us in CA it's nice. They made a short barrel...gun...without rifling so it's considered a shotgun. Kind of interesting, called the Reformation. From what I've read, it's best for those that can't have SBR or legit AR pistol.

This setup gets us the closest to a regular AR, even though a featureless is still nice in my opinion. Thinking about building an AR with fixed stock and Sparrow grip which is similar to pistol grip, just cocked way back. This might be the better route. I like having standard mag release and being able to use standard capacity mags...for now.

As far as legality, FA said this on CA forum, "This issue has been brought to CADOJ personnel, and they are responsive. Ultimately all of these configurations are legal, and they cannot be regulated out of existence by a website. However, the legislature will be back to work before long."

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
How is it not a pistol, or not an AOW with the VFG installed?

Because it's over 26" in OAL. See https://johnpierceesq.com/can-...rip-to-an-ar-pistol/ for details and corresponding ATF letter.

Since it doesn't meet the definition of a rifle, shotgun, or pistol, it's just a "firearm".

This "26+ inch firearm" configuration has been used by a few different AR manufacturers over the years. Not really anything new.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Apparently you cannot take the stock of a rifle and do this because it would have been DROS'd as a rifle and this will be DROS'd as an other/firearm or something along those lines.

Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
So using this designation, any manufacturer could do the same thing with any of their existing AR pattered firearms and sell them legally in California, yes?

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2225 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure about rejoicing over that. I’m glad Franklin is actively finding workarounds to CA’s ridiculously unconstitutional laws. But it has no stock and would be challenging to use effectively in my opinion. I think I would prefer a featureless rifle based on the Fightlight SCR lower if I lived in CA. Which I don’t. But I did for a year once. And you couldn’t pay me enough to go back. CA gun laws are so frustrating and totally unconstitutional.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2318 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
There is something they are doing that is apparently allowing them put this out, though it still sounds like they are working with the CADOJ to get the details and legality of it worked out. They mentioned it is some sort of proprietary thing and they wouldn't say because they don't want other manufacturers to be able to do it as well... I've been watching this and messing around building featureless AR's, and I will probably just build another featureless. The laws are retarded here and it's cool for Franklin to keep doing what they are doing, but I haven't quite been sold on anything I need to have. You can get this with a pistol grip and foregrip, or featureless without those two grips and get a stock. Angled foregrip and Sparrow dynamics grip with a stock is more appealing to me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigSauerP226,

Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Because it's over 26" in OAL. See https://johnpierceesq.com/can-...rip-to-an-ar-pistol/ for details and corresponding ATF letter.

Since it doesn't meet the definition of a rifle, shotgun, or pistol, it's just a "firearm".

This "26+ inch firearm" configuration has been used by a few different AR manufacturers over the years. Not really anything new.

Correct.

I sell a lot of "CT Others" into Connecticut. They are full feature guns, but not considered rifles so they don't fall into the assault weapons ban, and they are not handguns, because they are meant to be fired with two hands. They are ARs with a PSB, and a Magpul VFG. They are over 26" and under a certain length that I cannot remember. They get marked on the 4473 as "other". Just like a Shockwave. POF and Stag are the two best sellers.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post