SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Beretta 1301 Tactical?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Beretta 1301 Tactical? Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
I've got my +2 Nordic Components ordered and I'm waiting for the Aridus adapter to come back into stock.


Got my +2 Nordic installed and now I can get 7x 2.75" shells in the tube with a little extra room. I kept the stock follower and used the Nordic spring cut to 16" longer than tube (they recommend 12-16" for semi autos) to ensure reliability.

Got the in-stock email from Aridus for a forend but they sold out before I could place an order.
 
Posts: 2668 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peanut15:
Well, thanks to the salesmen on Sigforum, I just pre-ordered the 1301 LTT.


You won’t regret it. Did you get the CROM site?


"Ultima Ratio Regum"
Life Member NRA Washington Arms Collectors
The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them.'
 
Posts: 1087 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Peanut15
posted Hide Post
No. Did not know if either the Aimpoint or RMR was in my future.
 
Posts: 51 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: October 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I get you. I like the RDS for the shotgun, but I found the CROM wasn't for me and switched back to the standard and mounted my RDS on the PIC rail. For me, using a Trijicon (or in my case a Holosun) with the CROM resulted in a pretty cluttered sight pic, so I switched to a bigger RDS (a Holosun 510) that while not "co witnessing" with the sights, works just fine if I just use the front sight as a quasi gold dot.


"Ultima Ratio Regum"
Life Member NRA Washington Arms Collectors
The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them.'
 
Posts: 1087 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
This thread kept pulling at me and has now cost me money. I was in my LGS which has been void of good defense SG’s for some time and they now have three 1301 tacticals in FDE, marine and black as well as a Benelli M4. That M4 is a sweet tank of a gun but I ended up with a 1301 with Marine finish as it had the best trigger of the three Beretta’s- can’t wait to get to the range next weekend.
 
Posts: 4370 | Location: NH | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
I've got my +2 Nordic Components ordered and I'm waiting for the Aridus adapter to come back into stock.


Just make sure you have the correct number of US made parts before adding the +2 Extension.


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas


"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell




 
Posts: 3571 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob RI:
This thread kept pulling at me and has now cost me money. I was in my LGS which has been void of good defense SG’s for some time and they now have three 1301 tacticals in FDE, marine and black as well as a Benelli M4. That M4 is a sweet tank of a gun but I ended up with a 1301 with Marine finish as it had the best trigger of the three Beretta’s- can’t wait to get to the range next weekend.


I have a M4 and my son just bought a FDE 1301. No doubt the M4 is a better made gun. It's a tank and has never missed a beat shooting even the lightest Walmart target loads. With that said, If I were buying a new shotgun today, it would be the 1301. Very good quality, reliable, light and fast handling. The 1301 is MUCH cheaper than current M4s. I only paid 1099.00 + tax for my M4 back in 2004. They have gone up a little since then. Smile


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas


"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell




 
Posts: 3571 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:
Originally posted by Bob RI:
This thread kept pulling at me and has now cost me money. I was in my LGS which has been void of good defense SG’s for some time and they now have three 1301 tacticals in FDE, marine and black as well as a Benelli M4. That M4 is a sweet tank of a gun but I ended up with a 1301 with Marine finish as it had the best trigger of the three Beretta’s- can’t wait to get to the range next weekend.


I have a M4 and my son just bought a FDE 1301. No doubt the M4 is a better made gun. It's a tank and has never missed a beat shooting even the lightest Walmart target loads. With that said, If I were buying a new shotgun today, it would be the 1301. Very good quality, reliable, light and fast handling. The 1301 is MUCH cheaper than current M4s. I only paid 1099.00 + tax for my M4 back in 2004. They have gone up a little since then. Smile


Yes, they have gone up a little since then! IIRC, the M4 was $2100 or $2200. I paid $1200 for the 1301. I went in there the next day and the M4 and the FDE 1301 were gone. Given the weight, I’d imagine the M4 would recoil less and will run forever but I’m happy with my decision so far.
 
Posts: 4370 | Location: NH | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bob RI:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jupiter:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bob RI:
This thread kept pulling at me and has now cost me money. I was in my LGS which has been void of good defense SG’s for some time and they now have three 1301 tacticals in FDE, marine and black as well as a Benelli M4. That M4 is a sweet tank of a gun but I ended up with a 1301 with Marine finish as it had the best trigger of the three Beretta’s- can’t wait to get to the range next weekend.



The next time my Son comes over, we plan to do a back to back comparison.
Here is a link to a video Mrgunsngear posted a couple of days ago that compares the two.


The Best Tactical Semi-Auto Shotgun: Benelli M4 vs. Beretta 1301


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas


"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell




 
Posts: 3571 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Beretta 1301 Tactical?

© SIGforum 2021