SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Ruger takedown 9MM carbine, takes Glock mags
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ruger takedown 9MM carbine, takes Glock mags Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Interesting, maybe. I would wait at least a year to see what the reliability is.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
SRP is $649 per the link above

So theoretically, I could get it for $550 or so.
I'm wondering if I have something I'm willing to sell in order to fund it.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Glock owners complaining about an ugly plastic gun—? Roll Eyes

Wink
My Glocks don't look bent. That things look like it wouldn't even shoot straight.

At first I thought that it was just an optical illusion that it was bent, then I read on the Ruger site that this is an optional long distance barrel designed to give an automatic holdover for lobbing those long distance rounds. Big Grin

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I will have to look at that when it comes out

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Who designed that abomination?

Fire them.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know. If a TLR-1 or the like would fit that rail in the front and if a Vortex Sparc2 or something similar could be mounted sans spacer and still be able to see the irons it could be pretty handy. Especially since some DIY trigger work with 10/22 parts could get you a decent trigger on it.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought an MPX because I wanted a 9mm carbine. This would be half the cost which brings a ton more people into the picture.

I might consider one if it takes off like the 10-22 breakdown bringing an aftermarket with it. This would be a cool truck gun with an aftermarket folding stock.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Though I really liked it, I sold my PC40 a while back. This rifle -- despite its lack of beauty -- could get me into a pistol-caliber carbine again.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That looks perfect to me, but then again I've been watching a Godzilla marathon on one of the cable channels for the past couple of nights.

It'll be interesting to see what happens between the passage of time and the aftermarket.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
They need to make it look cheaper.

My thoughts exactly. I’ll stick with my CZ Evo.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Weeeellllll...which one would you rather see disappearing into an evidence locker, never to be seen again?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
quote:
They need to make it look cheaper.

My thoughts exactly. I’ll stick with my CZ Evo.

Yep. CZ Scorpion EVO pistol with an SB folding brace, or the 16" carbine with factory CZ folding stock.

Even the 16" with folding stock is going to be almost as compact as the Ruger, and the CZ factory iron sights can do a lower 1/3 co-witness with a micro Aimpoint with the standard low mount.

The Glock magazine capability on the Ruger is surprising but smart. Glock 33 round mags are inexpensive and plentiful.

Posts: 4718 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
It looks the child of a Browning BAR and a Kel-tec.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They will sell so many that they won't keep up with demand.

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
At least Ruger made the action separable from the the stock.

Someone will make an M-Lok fore-end and a stock with an AR compatible pistol grip and folding stock.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Weeeellllll...which one would you rather see disappearing into an evidence locker, never to be seen again?

Quite frankly I would not care. Buying a gun to save your life based upon the evidence locker reasoning has always been silly to me. If I have to use a gun to save my life, it sitting in an evidence locker is the LEAST of my concerns.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This would be good for Commiefornia, as it has no "evil features". One could keep it in a car trunk or smaller compartment. Use pre-ban mags or 10 rounders and you would have some good protection.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive wanted a pc9 for years but didn't want to pay increasing price for one and the mag compatibility was a minor issue for me. Ill have to keep an eye out for one of these. Just wish they would have kept the simplistic look of the old pc9.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:
They will sell so many that they won't keep up with demand.

Nope.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
More of Ruger's design team trying to cover too many bases. Make it look like a traditional rifle. Or make it look "tactical", but don't do a little of both.

I hope it works out, I hope they're great and I hope they're affordable. I had a PC40 briefly and it just weighed a damn ton.

I wondered what leaked means. Real leak or intentional leak.
On the Ruger forum we had photos of a truely leaked 3D model of their 1911 a year or more before it was announced. I don't think they were up for very long before Ruger's lawyers came a calling. (We pulled the pics and played hush for a year)

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post