SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Bolt and BCG Cleaner
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bolt and BCG Cleaner Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
arrived today. thanks a ton, me boy

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
What the DaBigBr said.
Real Avid AR 15 tool- Carbon Boss. Scraper for bolt , scraper for firing pin,cotter pin puller, brush, circular bolt brush.
https://www.realavid.com/product/carbon-boss-ar15/

That is a really cool tool. They didn’t have those when I was in service, but one of those woulda come in real handy.

We always used the same ten rifles for training days and those guns got abused. And we had to clean them at the end of training because they belonged to our unit. The only places that the carbon built up really bad was in the bolt carrier where the bolt tail releases gas...the tool I recommended was what we used for that area specifically, we used a pocket knife to scrape elsewhere.

And if I didn’t already have the other I’d buy one of those doo-dads right now! Very cool tool

There is something very satisfying about cleaning the bolt tail with this tool. I know it's far from essential, but it just works great.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post