SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Rock island m5 shotgun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rock island m5 shotgun Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted
Four or five years ago I bought one off a gun on a local gun board. It had feeding issues (wouldn't feed at all), but I only paid something like $70 for it so I put it off to the side and forgot about it. A year later I decide to paint it, so I detail strip it, paint it, realize I'm in over my head and everything goes into zip lock bags. I gave it to my best friend who is something of a amateur gunsmith a year after that and forgot about it again.

He calls me Friday and tells me to pick him up Saturday morning t go to the range.. I didn't ask why, but I've been shooting every weekend for the past month and a half and decided why break the streak. Anyways, he gets it up and running beautifully and I now have it back.

From what I recall I think it's patterned after a popular shotgun, maybe a mossberg 500 or 870, I want to replace the plastic follower and maybe foreend but can't find anything definitive.

Help!!

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Armscor says High Standard Flite King on the M5 Matte Nickel, but the picture reminds me of a Winchester 1300, at least where slide release is.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Should be a solid shotgun. Held one and almost bought it. I love HiStd'

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post