SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    22lr availability getting better ???
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22lr availability getting better ??? Login/Join 
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Walmart still never has any, but it's starting to survive for extended periods on LGS shelves at decent prices.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Well...butter my butt and call be a biscuit!...my Walmart had 100 round boxes of Winchester SuperX high velocity (1435 fps) .22 LR today...a little over $10 per box with tax...not a great price but I bought my 3 box limit (which was the last 3 boxes they had)...

Dunham's has bulk packs of Remington Thunderturds...I mean Thunderbolts for $31.99 per 500...I passed...nothing I own shoots them well and the FTF's get annoying.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
I have recently placed orders for a few thousand SK Standard Plus and Gemtech Subsonics. Just got these in the mail last week.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AR Golfer - That right there is a beautiful site....I am working up one/two bricks at a time to get there.....Was able to pick up a couple of bricks two weeks ago at Academy Outdoors for $37.99 a brick....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Hey Mark... I just decided to bite the bullet Smile

I got an email from PSA this afternoon that they had the CCI SV for $40 a brick with free delivery on 3 or more bricks. By the time I got home to order some it was already sold out Frown I was going to pick up a few more thousand.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
Hey Mark... I just decided to bite the bullet Smile

I got an email from PSA this afternoon that they had the CCI SV for $40 a brick with free delivery on 3 or more bricks. By the time I got home to order some it was already sold out Frown I was going to pick up a few more thousand.

AR - Thanks for this information. I will keep watch to see if they get these back in stock...4-5 more bricks would be perfect for me right now.....Thanks again...Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Was surprised to find one value pack at Walmart last night. Got it!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a couple of Winchester M22 1000 round bulk packs this afternoon at Walmart for $50.47 each...plus a 555 round bulk pack for $27...this was my "three box limit"...
It's not target grade ammo but for a little more than .05 per round I'm not going to pass for plinking ammo (plus it shoots better in my guns than nasty assed Remington Thunderturds).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Academy had a ton of 22. Minimags, Federal pistol 325s, A bunch of Aguila.

Decent prices too.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
22 availability still not great around here but getting better albeit at twice the pre-panic prices.

got a 1000 round box at walmart today for 50.47 as well. that is a great deal.

Me-- I'll take a box of 22LR.
asst manager--laughs we dont have any 22LR.
Me-- I want the 1000 round box of 22 right there
ast. manager--OMG we have 22! lol. He stated that he was buying the second box or I would have had my wife come in and get the second box!

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not seen 1000 round boxes. What is it?

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clayflingythingy:
I have not seen 1000 round boxes. What is it?

It shoots as well as the Federal 510 bulk...

Jimmy Buffet

posted Hide Post
The local Walmart was well stocked with 22 lr yesterday. 10 boxes of Winchester 555 bulk packs, probably that many Federal Automatch 325's and at least 2 of the M-22 1000 packs. The ammo cabinet was filled to capacity.

I hope this will be a common occurrence.

Posts: 587 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
I had a gift card to Academy, so I ran by there today during my lunch. They had quite a bit of CCI SV for $3.99 a box and Aguila SV for the same price. I picked up 500 of each. I just read that the Aguila is pretty dirty but fairly accurate. I'll give it a try and see.

The Traveler
Picture of Sweden
posted Hide Post
We must live in a vacuum, I've still not even seen a new box of 22lr for sale since the last election. (at any price)

The shop I work at received a crate of 22lr automatch in 2015, two box limit (325/box) and it was gone before I could drive the 30 mins to the shop. That's as close as I've come to seeing new 22lr for sale.

Scalpers at the gun shows are still charging $89 for old-stock bulk box. (~500 ct)

Posts: 2484 | Location: CO | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I totally get the fact that local gun store supplies of 22lr ammo have been scarce for years.

However, web sales of 22lr ammo are alive and shuffling (not really kicking). Cheaper 22lr has been tough to find, and it does sell out quickly. But it's out there -- with some patience and daily webz monitoring.

I don't shoot cheap 22lr ammo, as I like to hit what I aim at. I'd rather break 5 shots and place 4 or 5 good impacts than bang out 20 or 30 shots with the hope that a handful are near my point of aim. With better quality ammo I can do that, and I still spend less than the guys who "mag dump" their 22 semiautos.

I don't need to spend $.30 to $.40 per round for uber-quality match 22lr ammo, either. Really good quality 22lr can be found for about $.10 per round, or with splurging, even better for about $.15 per round.

There's a 22lr panic mentality for bottom feeder ammo quality. Honestly, I don't get too excited about it, as I have been generally been able to find just about any match 22lr ammo I want at stable prices over the past few administrations. And I don't find it at by making repeated trips to my local gun store.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of doublecorona
posted Hide Post
My local Meijers has .22LR now on the shelves. I have never seen the brand before.

Deplorable NRA Life Member

Posts: 1050 | Location: Where my mind is not | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublecorona:
My local Meijers has .22LR now on the shelves. I have never seen the brand before.

LOL. Our Meijer has had nothing but shotgun shells and center fire rifle for years. Maybe we will get lucky too.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought 3 boxes 550 count Winchester plated bullets for $36 each at Dick's. They said no limit and their shelf was full.

Posts: 245 | Location: Ventura, California | Registered: August 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dicks near my house is always stocked up with 22s
But their prices are a bit high

When does Walmart stock ammo, I have not seen 22 ammo in 2 wall marts near me in 2-3years

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post