SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    NITE SIGHTS 229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NITE SIGHTS 229 Login/Join 
posted
I have a couple of 229's that need new night sights. Would appreciate feedback and suggestions from you guys. Thanks guys.

Any sane person should be instinctively skeptical when all the smart people agree. Mark Steyn

Posts: 165 | Location: WNC | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like and use the trijicon HD's. FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I added Tru Glo TFX's to mine. The only issue is it would not fit in my ALS holster with those sights until I did some dremel wrk...

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I am generally a boring old school 3 dot Mepro or Trjicon guy. That said I really like the Ameriglos on the Gen 5 Glocks and the HD Trijicons.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I needed some last year, Sig was the only place that had any in stock. They were also a bit cheaper at the time. Plan on a small bit of discrete filing. Those things are hell for tight.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I recently replace the factory contrast sights on my 228 and 229 with XS ,

not sure the model number/name, but they both have the big white ball for a front (tritium center) and the shallow V rear with a tritium bar in the center

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Sig xray sights or night fision.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I have a few different ones.
XS DXT2
XS RAM
Two sets of Trijicon HD XR
X-ray3
TFO front and blacked out rear.
And one with a red dot.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
My older 228, 226's, 229's, and others all sport the Trijicon HD XR's with the orange front dot surrounding the tritium insert.When the factory night sights on my 365's or 320's dim out, the Triji's will go on them as well.

At 61 years of age, I've learned that when you find something that works, you stick with it. (One of the reasons why I probably won't be keeping the Romeo I Pro on one of my 320C's).

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post