SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Smith Brings back the 610 10mm
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith Brings back the 610 10mm Login/Join 
posted
It's back. 2 barrel lengths, 4" and 6 .5" . They are on the Smith website and my dealer tells me they ship in April.
For those of us that have always known the beauty of the 10mm , it's a glorious time .
This really signifies the complete comeback of the 10mm

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't looked yet, but something tells me this new 610 has the darned lock on the side....

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I won’t be excited until Smith brings back all steel autos

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought we decided that 5" was the perfect length

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won't buy a S&W with the lock.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CXXX,

P220 ELITE SAO 10MM + P220 SAS GEN 2 45 ACP
P226 MK-25 9MM [2]
P227 45 ACP
M11-A1 9MM [2]
P229 SAS GEN 2 9MM + P229 SAS GEN 2 357 + P229 CARRY SAS 357 + P229 ELITE 40 S&W
P239 SAS GEN 2 9MM + P239 SAS GEN 2 357
P290 9MM
1911 TACOPS 45ACP

Posts: 82 | Location: TENNESSEE | Registered: October 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I thought we decided that 5" was the perfect length

We did.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Wow. S&W actually listens..

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
No, the current company posing as s&w doesn't listen. Otherwise those idiot locks would be history.

Ruger bringing out 10mm revolvers got them off their lazy ass. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
With an MSRP of $969 these re-introduced revolvers will bring the Smith and Wesson 610s back into range for a lot more people

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What will this do to the early 610s that are sitting unbought with the $2000 price tag?

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I won't be trading my 3" Ruger GP100 in 10mm for one.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
What will this do to the early 610s that are sitting unbought with the $2000 price tag?

They'll still command the price tag. The re-introduced ones will bring attention to the model again. Purists who forgot about an origional 610 because they couldn't find one when it was on their mind, will look for an original even more so.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
If they are sitting un-bought now . . . They will continue to sit

Sure a die had collector wanting a pristine piece might shell out the money, but folks wanting to shot them will buy the new ones. With street prices of the NEW revolvers in the $800s, those old original guns lose lots of their appeal at $1,600 - $2,000

I am looking forward to the new 610s, I want a 4".

More interest in the 10MM Auto cartridge is good for all of us

Ever since Smith and Wesson became American owned again, we have seen the return of lots of things that we were told were dead and gone.

Square butt revolvers have returned in many models

Blue steel revolvers are back

And now the return of the 610

These American owners have dome a lot more for Smith and Wesson than the British owners they bought the company from

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

May bring down price a smidge but not much. Mine has no hole and was $600 when I bought it. None of my S&Ws have a hole. Still a market for no holes.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Daddy wants.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I had two of the 5" 610s back before they became collectors items,and am glad to see the 610s reintroduced. That being said, if I decide to purchase another 10MM revolver, it will likely be a Ruger GP100. I realize the lock is a wonderful innovation, and serves to keep the World safe-----somehow, but I'm just not going to do the S&W lock thing. I realize some models are only available with the lock, and suspect that about 99.9% of the revolver buying public doesn't care, or even notice that it's there anyway. I guess I'm just too old and set in my ways to enjoy those guns though..........YMMV

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
No, the current company posing as s&w doesn't listen. Otherwise those idiot locks would be history.

Ruger bringing out 10mm revolvers got them off their lazy ass. Regards 18DAI

This is exactly what occurred.

Posts: 823 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GataGunner
posted Hide Post
I just want an M&P or new production steel semi auto.

Posts: 64 | Registered: January 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
That being said, if I decide to purchase another 10MM revolver, it will likely be a Ruger GP100.

The 5" versions are still running under $700 on GinBorker, which (I'm guessing) will still beat the street prices on the new S&Ws.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Always great to see more options and I see a lot of people enthusiastic about auto pistol cartridge revolvers (myself included), but what has been said about the locks over and over again over the years should at least get some kind of reasonable response and attention from Smith & Wesson.

It would be so easy for them to see in black and white that their revolver sales would skyrocket if they would just pick a couple of their more popular models and make a production run without locks just to see how many and how quickly they sell as opposed to the locked models. Is it really that hard to confirm reality than stubbornly thinking that the people will just simply buy what they decide to make? Having had firsthand experience with the lock in an M&P .357 R8 lock up the action in mid-stroke, I will never own another lock model for range use let alone any kind of self defense or field carry purposes.

Here's an easy comparison for the S&W bean counters to make...simply compare how many M&P 2.0 pistols they've sold with and without the thumb safety. I suspect they've sold substantially more without, but at least they offer both.

Sorry for the thread drift. Looking forward to seeing if anyone picks one up and does a review thread.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post