SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 trigger broke
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 trigger broke Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I took the P365 to the range yesterday with my son. We ran his P320 mostly, doing trigger work, transitions, etc. He also shot the G19 and a few others, and I focused on the P365 some more.

My other P365 is in the safe for now; I'll focus on this one presently to see how it does. Given that others aren't encountering problems until 800-1000 rounds, I'm going to approach it very conservatively and shoot well past that to see what develops. Thus far, no signs of a broken primer, and I'm not seeing the same drag marks that I did when it first came out of the box. I can't explain why; the marks are there somewhat, but not like before, not as pronounced. Perhaps everything is just wearing in together.

I also fired the Legion P226 yesterday. It was a .40 when I got it, but I've been using it with a .357 Sig barrel. In the interim, I recently got a barely-used legion P226 9mm barrel, and decided to see how the pistol would run with no change but the barrel. I thought that perhaps it would be a bit oversprung, maybe extraction issues, but it ran just fine with range ammunition, using the .40/.357 mags with the 9mm barrel. I love the 226.

For the time being, though I'd like to carry the P365 in a pocket holster, the G43 is there. I trust it. I'm uncomfortable with the reports of the 365 problems thus far, but that's why I buy firearms; try them, see how they do. So far so good...until next time, anyway.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LMAO Big Grin Everytime I think about buying a Sig, their QC reminds me why I don't.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know about QC. The P226 that I fired this morning had no issues whatsoever, and the ability to change only the barrel and shoot three different cartridges is more than a minor feat of engineering.

I have a shelf of nothing but P320's, and all are consistent, all reliable, all good triggers. I trust them enough now that I gave 320's to my boys. They shoot them quite well.

I have older P229's; several, and newer as well, including the Legion 229 in .40 and .357, which have some of the best out of the box production double action triggers on an auto feeder than one can get; the only other that matches it are my older Berettas, which are very smooth double action pulls. The slide to frame fit is excellent, fit and finish every bit what one would expect. I have a P220 which is absolutely outstanding and not surprising, as it's what I've come to expect in a P220.

The P365 is new. Jury's still out. I'm impressed with it and what it can do, and what they've done with it. It really is a wonder. I haven't had any problems, yet. But this is what I do when firearm interests me. I buy, and try, and see. So far, it's good.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post