SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger coming out with a LC9S variant: EC9S
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger coming out with a LC9S variant: EC9S Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted
I have a subscription to Ruger's newsletter. This seems to be a LC9S with fixed sights as part of/integral to the slide, similar to what they do with the LCP. It is supposed to sell for less. The picture shows it with the manual safety, which I would just ignore anyway. I was bored thought you guys might find it interesting.

Posts: 27991 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Yep, I got the email too. Kind of strange but I guess just rename the pistol and sell more. Can't really see the big deal (good or bad) about the sights....

The 'EC' stands for 'Everyday Carry'.... next they will have EODC 'Every Other Day Carry' and then OOSC... 'Only On Sunday Carry'.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
EC9S

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I'll keep my XS sights. Thanks.

Posts: 3526 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of Sunday guns.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the Msrp is $300 then the retail should be around 200-225? If so, that’s a fantastic deal.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got an email from an online dealer for pre ordering it for $205. That's a good deal , I see the regular ones in stores all the time for $360 or more. Ruger should sell a ton of them.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3546 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I'll buy at least one...thanks for the thread, egregore Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Looks like the street price is gonna be $200

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger is doing a CW, ala Kahr. Nice! The triggers on those striker versions are fantastic.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:

You like the grip tape?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meh

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:

You like the grip tape?

I do. Talon. I've tried a couple sleeves but just adds more to get caught. The sides don't need as much grip.

Posts: 3526 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I put a Hogue condom on mine and it helped a lot with the grip... but i quit carrying it because of rust on the gun as well as spare magazines.... Old Fat guy working in the South in the Summer... still waiting on Ruger to come out with a Stainless Steel pro model.... as well as Stainless mags....this is why I switched to Sigs.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol, at a nice price. I love my LC9S, and I really like the price of this version.

I am going to recommend this to my neighbor.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I imagine that it will be a brisk seller. Taurus and Kel-Tec should be concerned that the SNS-end of the market has a new player.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't own LC9S but I thought it had a striker block with block accessed by removing rear sight. With a non removal rear sight how would you get to the striker block? Or have they eliminated striker block on this model?

davemercer

Posts: 936 | Location: NE USA | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I put a Hogue condom on mine and it helped a lot with the grip... but i quit carrying it because of rust on the gun as well as spare magazines.... Old Fat guy working in the South in the Summer... still waiting on Ruger to come out with a Stainless Steel pro model.... as well as Stainless mags....this is why I switched to Sigs.
My original LCP rusted bad in an afternoon - I stripped all the parts off of it and sent it to CCR for House Black - 9 years later not a spec of rust. Not right that someone has to do that but it was money well spent for me and my beater LCP.

posted Hide Post
What’s the OVER / UNDER on the Ruger Patented Recall, which seems to be a required step for all of their Semi-Auto pistols?

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin