SIGforum
Ruger coming out with a LC9S variant: EC9S

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9550039434

December 20, 2017, 06:04 PM
egregore
Ruger coming out with a LC9S variant: EC9S
I have a subscription to Ruger's newsletter. This seems to be a LC9S with fixed sights as part of/integral to the slide, similar to what they do with the LCP. It is supposed to sell for less. The picture shows it with the manual safety, which I would just ignore anyway. I was bored thought you guys might find it interesting.
December 20, 2017, 06:13 PM
Blume9mm
Yep, I got the email too. Kind of strange but I guess just rename the pistol and sell more. Can't really see the big deal (good or bad) about the sights....

The 'EC' stands for 'Everyday Carry'.... next they will have EODC 'Every Other Day Carry' and then OOSC... 'Only On Sunday Carry'.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
December 20, 2017, 06:38 PM
RHINOWSO
quote:
EC9S

December 20, 2017, 07:28 PM
SigSentry
I'll keep my XS sights. Thanks.

December 20, 2017, 08:05 PM
Fredward
I have a couple of Sunday guns.
December 20, 2017, 08:51 PM
terra
If the Msrp is $300 then the retail should be around 200-225? If so, that’s a fantastic deal.
December 20, 2017, 08:57 PM
sigspecops
I got an email from an online dealer for pre ordering it for $205. That's a good deal , I see the regular ones in stores all the time for $360 or more. Ruger should sell a ton of them.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
December 20, 2017, 09:05 PM
Bisleyblackhawk
I'll buy at least one...thanks for the thread, egregore Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet
December 20, 2017, 09:57 PM
Dusty78
Looks like the street price is gonna be $200

December 20, 2017, 10:48 PM
VictorLouis
Ruger is doing a CW, ala Kahr. Nice! The triggers on those striker versions are fantastic.
December 21, 2017, 02:21 PM
46and2
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:

You like the grip tape?
December 21, 2017, 06:02 PM
clayflingythingy
Meh
December 21, 2017, 07:40 PM
SigSentry
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:

You like the grip tape?

I do. Talon. I've tried a couple sleeves but just adds more to get caught. The sides don't need as much grip.
December 22, 2017, 04:33 AM
Blume9mm
I put a Hogue condom on mine and it helped a lot with the grip... but i quit carrying it because of rust on the gun as well as spare magazines.... Old Fat guy working in the South in the Summer... still waiting on Ruger to come out with a Stainless Steel pro model.... as well as Stainless mags....this is why I switched to Sigs.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
December 26, 2017, 08:59 AM
Hay2bale
Nice pistol, at a nice price. I love my LC9S, and I really like the price of this version.

I am going to recommend this to my neighbor.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass
December 26, 2017, 01:28 PM
soggy_spinout
I imagine that it will be a brisk seller. Taurus and Kel-Tec should be concerned that the SNS-end of the market has a new player.
December 26, 2017, 02:18 PM
davemercer
I don't own LC9S but I thought it had a striker block with block accessed by removing rear sight. With a non removal rear sight how would you get to the striker block? Or have they eliminated striker block on this model?

davemercer
December 27, 2017, 10:05 AM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I put a Hogue condom on mine and it helped a lot with the grip... but i quit carrying it because of rust on the gun as well as spare magazines.... Old Fat guy working in the South in the Summer... still waiting on Ruger to come out with a Stainless Steel pro model.... as well as Stainless mags....this is why I switched to Sigs.
My original LCP rusted bad in an afternoon - I stripped all the parts off of it and sent it to CCR for House Black - 9 years later not a spec of rust. Not right that someone has to do that but it was money well spent for me and my beater LCP.
December 27, 2017, 10:07 AM
RHINOWSO
What’s the OVER / UNDER on the Ruger Patented Recall, which seems to be a required step for all of their Semi-Auto pistols?

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin