SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Have I Been Deaf the Past Couple Years? eg. P232
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have I Been Deaf the Past Couple Years? eg. P232 Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
I saw for sale some P232 magazines, in stainless, for an outrageous price and promptly headed to Top Gun to see what they cost new. Being out of stock there I creche Sig's site and found them along with the P232 discontinued.

I feel so deaf right now. I never heard they were being discontinued

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
You are not alone.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
I have two magazines for my P232 stainless and waited around too long to buy more. They seemed a little expensive. Now they are really hard to find and even more costly. Hopefully some aftermarket ones will become available, but I don't know if there's enough demand for them to justify their manufacture.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last few years I've loaded up on stuff I want for guns I love. Seems the "old stuff"goes away much more quickly than it used to. Unless, of course, you like plastic guns....

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Let my father in law borrow mine and 4 mags. Got it back a couple months ago with 2 mags only to find the same. Dangit.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Right after my P232 I bought two magazines from TGS. Kinda wish I bought two more - or another P232.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hopefully some aftermarket ones will become available, but I don't know if there's enough demand for them to justify their manufacture.

ProMag makes P232 magazines. Caveat emptor.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: toivo,

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
Anybody have experience with the ProMag 232 magazines?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just for giggles - I just went to the largest (AFAIK) firearm seller in Germany - Waffen Frankonia - website ... and they do not stock P232 magazines ... Frown. I, too, missed the boat on this one. I sent Greg Cote a message last week and he replied that Mec-Gar does not offer a P230/232 magazine.

Posts: 431 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
The P232 was discontinued a few years ago when Sig stopped importing guns from Germany.

I picked up a used P232SL about 4 months ago for $400.. of course, it only had one mag and the mags are now unobtainium

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post