SIGforum
Have I Been Deaf the Past Couple Years? eg. P232

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9300079124

March 31, 2017, 06:39 PM
LS1 GTO
Have I Been Deaf the Past Couple Years? eg. P232
I saw for sale some P232 magazines, in stainless, for an outrageous price and promptly headed to Top Gun to see what they cost new. Being out of stock there I creche Sig's site and found them along with the P232 discontinued.

I feel so deaf right now. I never heard they were being discontinued

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

March 31, 2017, 06:46 PM
Udo
You are not alone.
March 31, 2017, 08:35 PM
roustabout
I have two magazines for my P232 stainless and waited around too long to buy more. They seemed a little expensive. Now they are really hard to find and even more costly. Hopefully some aftermarket ones will become available, but I don't know if there's enough demand for them to justify their manufacture.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
March 31, 2017, 09:15 PM
Fredward
The last few years I've loaded up on stuff I want for guns I love. Seems the "old stuff"goes away much more quickly than it used to. Unless, of course, you like plastic guns....
March 31, 2017, 09:45 PM
BigNC
Let my father in law borrow mine and 4 mags. Got it back a couple months ago with 2 mags only to find the same. Dangit.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
March 31, 2017, 10:35 PM
LS1 GTO
Right after my P232 I bought two magazines from TGS. Kinda wish I bought two more - or another P232.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

April 01, 2017, 12:48 AM
toivo
quote:
Hopefully some aftermarket ones will become available, but I don't know if there's enough demand for them to justify their manufacture.

ProMag makes P232 magazines. Caveat emptor.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: toivo,
April 01, 2017, 07:38 AM
roustabout
Anybody have experience with the ProMag 232 magazines?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
April 01, 2017, 07:53 AM
GeoJelly
Just for giggles - I just went to the largest (AFAIK) firearm seller in Germany - Waffen Frankonia - website ... and they do not stock P232 magazines ... Frown. I, too, missed the boat on this one. I sent Greg Cote a message last week and he replied that Mec-Gar does not offer a P230/232 magazine.
April 01, 2017, 07:56 AM
deadmanmike
The P232 was discontinued a few years ago when Sig stopped importing guns from Germany.

I picked up a used P232SL about 4 months ago for $400.. of course, it only had one mag and the mags are now unobtainium

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer