SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 recall/upgrade information from CS
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 recall/upgrade information from CS Login/Join 
Picture of DaveM_SIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by DaveM_SIG:
Double check your 25% coupon. It should be good through December 31, 2018.

Big Grin
I am glad someone can read. Thanks. Smile

Big Grin you’re welcome! Now there’s no pressure and you can spend more time finding exactly what you need.

Posts: 7 | Location: NC | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On Monday, I sent out two pistols for the upgrade: a Compact and a Subcompact. FedEx tracking tells me they were received at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday.

Just after midnight tonight, I received an e-mail notification from SIG that shipping info for a package to me was sent to FedEx at 10:15 a.m. on Friday, and the package was picked up at 2:15 in the afternoon, due to arrive on Tuesday.

Is is possible that they turned around one of my pistols in 48 hours? Eek I guess the backlog must be easing up!

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
On Monday, I sent out two pistols for the upgrade: a Compact and a Subcompact. FedEx tracking tells me they were received at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday.

Just after midnight tonight, I received an e-mail notification from SIG that shipping info for a package to me was sent to FedEx at 10:15 a.m. on Friday, and the package was picked up at 2:15 in the afternoon, due to arrive on Tuesday.

Is is possible that they turned around one of my pistols in 48 hours? Eek I guess the backlog must be easing up!

What caliber and size?

---------------The Answer Is There Is No Answer---------------

Posts: 152 | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Time line on my 9SC:

11/17 Received shipping instrux and label.
11/22 Dropped package off at FEDEX
11/27 Package received by SIG
12/6 Received Shipping notification
12/8 Chased FEDEX driver down on way to range and picked up the package.

I put 39 rounds through it, trigger was nice and crisp with a fast reset. The takedown lever was a bit stiff but not a problem. The grip module had been replaced with one with a longer beavertail. The work appeared to be done in a very clean manner and there was no problem in taking down or reassembling the pistol.

Now I am waiting for my notification to send in my 45C.

---------------The Answer Is There Is No Answer---------------

Posts: 152 | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dropped my Tacops off at the Middletown hub on Monday. I got a notice that it was shipped out yesterday. I just checked the tracking # and it got to New Jersey yesterday.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
I dropped my Tacops off at the Middletown hub on Monday.

I dropped two off at the Middletown hub on Monday. 1 was mine, the other a friends. Sig received them on Wednesday.

My friend got a shipping notice yesterday, I didn't. Glad his is coming back first as it's the only gun he owns.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FedEx picked my two P320s on 11/29 and I got the one back today and I should get the other tomorrow. Impressive turnaround time, the takedown lever is a bear, but the trigger feels very nice. Will be awhile before I can put some rounds through them.

CZ P10C and HK VP9 SK - Go Bucks!

Posts: 54 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: April 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exfed2001:
quote:

What caliber and size?

Subcompact and Compact, both 9mm. I don't know which one is coming back -- the package info didn't specify, but it's only one package.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dropped my Compact off at Fed Ex this morning. Received my e-mail from SIG on 11/14 on whether it was a duty weapon or no, and to look for the e-mails on how to prepare it, and a shipping label. Those arrived on 11/27. If it's returned on the Dec. 22nd (judging by recent posts that's entirely possible), I'll be quite happy. Smile

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Mine just got back - very happy with the work.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After 6 long weeks I got my 320 back today along with 2 additional slides. Everything came with the requisit oil soaking and everything functions correctly. It is also all for sale in the classifieds.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is home. One week total for shipping, upgrading and shipping back. Came with a another manual, 320 patch and a 25% off coupon, The trigger has a little more takeup than before but breaks cleanly. Won't know for sure until I shoot it but so far I'm quite pleased.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
I registered two on 8/10, received the labels on 11/17, and dropped them at FedEx on 12/1. I received both back this morning 12/11. They only spent 48 hours at Sig HQ!

I sent them in without triggers because I had the GGI curved PELTs on both. One is a 320F-RX and the other is a 320-X5. On the X5, they actually installed a flat trigger just like what was on it originally. I should have thought ahead on this and requested a curved trigger as I'm not a fan of the flat!

The triggers have a little less takeup, a nice clean break, and a little shorter reset. The new skinny trigger looks like it belongs on a Beretta or CZ and looks funny on a Sig, but I like the feel and it's very solid.

It hasn't been discussed much but I confirmed all 3 slides now have the skeletonized striker assembly (the X5 has always had it).

There was a separate thread on lightening cuts which got locked, but I wanted to provide a before and after shot for those wanting to know exactly how they're milling these. I don't do much dry firing, but I can see how the longer striker reset would be an issue if I did. No further discussion on that subject needed!

Left to Right this is a 320X5-9-BAS, 320F-9-TSS-RX, and 320C-9-FDE...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jbird, I'd be interested in trading the flat trigger you don't like for one of the new curved triggers.

P320 RX 9mm
P320 X5 9mm

Posts: 8 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: December 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:

Thanks for posting this picture and your timing as well since I was about to send mine in.
I might ask if it is now possible to have the striker release with the pistol slightly out of battery on the one with the long relief cut (picture above)?
In other words, is it a straight cut they mill or does it increase in depth at the end nearer to the back of the slide?

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:
Thanks for posting this picture and your timing as well since I was about to send mine in.
I might ask if it is now possible to have the striker release with the pistol slightly out of battery on the one with the long relief cut (picture above)?
In other words, is it a straight cut they mill or does it increase in depth at the end nearer to the back of the slide?

The cut in the two regular slides is more of a V shape than a straight plunge, so it's deepest in the middle and tapers its way out on both sides. It is similar on the third slide, so instead of a straight drop into the lightening cut it ramps its way in, like \______ instead of |______ if that makes sense.

I'm not sure how to tell if it can release out of battery, I tried pulling the trigger while holding the slide back a bit but it just pushed the slide forward with the click.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Sent two back today 12/12, 320C-9 RX and FS .45.

Received both notifications on 12/11.

Shall see how it goes.

ETA: SIG received both on 12/14. The 320C-9 was shipped back to me on 12/15 and I received it this morning, 12/16. 24 hours at SIG, impressive.

Received notice from SIG the .45 shipped on 12/23. Scheduled to be delivered on 12/27, not bad.

All in all I feel this was handled well by SIG.

The P320C-RX-9 trigger is slightly better than original, not up to par with the GGI PELT trigger I had installed. Will see what GGI comes up with to accommodate the SIG upgrade.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Redhookbklyn,

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks JBird679 for the great pictures you posted.
I'm still fairly new to Sigs and not sure what I'm looking at or for. Before my P320C FDE goes in for the upgrade I'm going to break it down and take pictures so I see what they did to the slide.

Thanks again!

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Deleted my original reply to JBird679's post of 2:57 pm.

Thanks for the checking this JBird679.

Was concerned the late timing of the disconnector resetting would also allow the trigger to be pulled much earlier as well (i.e possibly out of battery).
Figured out that my concerns about early trigger pull should amount to the pistol operating as it currently does.

I'll be sending mine in and will post how it operates upon return.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
May give the mothership a call tomorrow. Coming up on 2 months since I submitted mine, just the follow up emails saying keep waiting.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15323 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post