SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Surprized there is so little .357sig and .40S&W at SIG
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surprized there is so little .357sig and .40S&W at SIG Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
If I am not mistaken, the FBI has really been pleased with the Speer Gold Dot G2 round in 9mm.

I thought they dumped G2 and went with Hornady Critical Duty.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10round:
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
If I am not mistaken, the FBI has really been pleased with the Speer Gold Dot G2 round in 9mm.

I thought they dumped G2 and went with Hornady Critical Duty.

They did.

I recently attended a ballistics workshop from Hornady. The new Critical Duty is good. But, nothing to change my opinion on ordering it for my department. Our Gold Dot keeps on holding it’s own. Now the Hornady sniper stuff.... wow. I have heard mixed reviews about the G2. I think, my opinion remember, the good ole’ Gold Dot is just fine.

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
Now the Hornady sniper stuff.... wow.

A drift, but I assume that’s approval—?
If so, which load, if you don’t mind?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea ah. Didn’t mean for a thread drift. But, the load was the 168grn. ELD match/Tap. Amazing energy dump, penetration, and expansion.

posted Hide Post
continuing thread drift...168gr? don't see it on their site. Is it special LE round?

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
continuing thread drift...168gr? don't see it on their site. Is it special LE round?

I believe so.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
When doing close quarter contact drills, everyone else's 9MMs punch wimpy little scoreable pencil-pusher holes in the paper targets.

Your 357 Sig blows out a basketball size crater right through the target and cardboard backer, sending the target clamps flying.

The rest of the students have to stand around fidgeting, and rolling their eyes like 7th grade Valley Girls while the instructors fetch replacement backers and silhouette targets.

This only happens twice before the instructor just tells you to just fire through the gap so the class can go on.

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
When doing close quarter contact drills, everyone else's 9MMs punch wimpy little scoreable pencil-pusher holes in the paper targets.

Your 357 Sig blows out a basketball size crater right through the target and cardboard backer, sending the target clamps flying.

This is the reason why I use an old target for the first stage of our qualification course. Close quarter shot at 4 feet and it blows a big hole in the paper and cardboard.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post