SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Someone swatted my Mosquito **Updated, Page.2**
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Someone swatted my Mosquito **Updated, Page.2** Login/Join 
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted
Quick range session today with my good ole’ Mosquito. Bang, bang, crack smaller piece landed 3 or 4 feet in front of me. Slide was still on the rails.

Already have my return slip from SIG Customer service. Now I need a box.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ThankGod4Sig,

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
They're sending you an RMA? Are they still trying to service those things, did they just have a lot of unsold parts in the warehouse, or have they finally learned to make .22 slides out of good aluminum?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The front just kinda fell off...

Any idea on total rounds fired?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Excam_Man,

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

3 maybe 4 thousand. I’ve had it since new. Many years ago

Serial is A029xxx

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Normal...

Not trying to be a wise guy, but quality was not the M's strong suit. I had one for a while, but eventually sold it.

It's unfortunate, but I would have easily paid another $100-$150 for it with better quality.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sucks. Among many reasons that’s why I am a fan of the Kadet.

Posts: 7483 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not trying to be a wise guy, but quality was not the M's strong suit.

I think the term used around here was "pot metal slide". Big Grin
Slide cracking was a very common problem with them.

I almost purchased one when they first came out - glad I passed.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think of a mosquito's swatting as a mercy killing.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
How long is the warranty on them?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

Bwahahahaha. Awesome.

Not the Mosquito misfortune the reference.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

IIRC, 10 days or 100 rounds, whichever comes first.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jesus......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
You aren’t the first one to have that issue.

IIRC there is an old Para quote that went something like “And sometimes the front falls off.”

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
everyone safe?

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I liked the idea of the mosquito, but never bought one for this very reason. It's too bad Sig cut corners and slapped their name on an outsourced pot-metal piece of junk instead of taking the time to build a quality product themselves. I'm sorry about your gun, and hope nobody got injured when the front fell off.

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

I think it's one yr.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought one years ago when they first came out, never could get it to function 100%, and i just had a overall feeling that it was shoddy.Found a dealer that gave me a trade over on a Ruger Mk2

Posts: 95 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one new and still have it. I got mine to run correctly, even on bulk ammo, but the trigger pull is nasty. I helped it some, but not near enough. It is a shame, as it feels real good in my hand.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Well sweet honey barbecue... would you just look at that sad puppy.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
I eagerly bought a Mosquito when they first came out...one range session and I sold it off and bought a Walther P22 and have never looked back. they're junk

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post