SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 American
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 American Login/Join 
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
But, just looking at all the 50-meter targets from all the Swiss P210s and the 25-meter targets from all the X5s out there, I just don't see the X5 in general beating the P210 in accuracy.

It is irrelevant. The size of the size of bullseyes used in competition is defined and can be hit with any pistol at 25yds. Winner will be not be the one with the tightest group or moxt Xes but the one with the highest total score. That is mostly the one with the best shooting skills. The worry of these people is mostly grip, trigger, sights and light, but not illusive accuracy.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeF:
Here you go:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...curate-pistols-part/

Yep, the 2 authors of that TFB article are members here. Brian is bac1023, and Tom is Yuns (I believe).
And, I don't see the point of praising the X-Five, when it sports the RDS, while the others just iron sights.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
The test seemed to have been a nice exercise, but the result does not state more than it would be possible to shoot a world record with any of these pistols when the ergonomy fits the marksman. The RDS wont make the pistol more accurate, just faster to shoot. If the Glock is on that list then the US Made P210 would be on that list for sure.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The single surface lock up is actually of Webley.

Show me, please.
I do not know of a Webley on the Browning principle.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
Show me, please.

GB Pat. 13570 by W.J.Whiting, owned by Webley, used in the 455 Webley model 1906 self loading pistol for the first time, later copied by MAS in the 1935S model and finally adapted by SIG in the P220.

quote:
I do not know of a Webley on the Browning principle.

9mm Webley Jurek self loading pistol of 1953.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OTD,

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeF:
Here you go:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...curate-pistols-part/

No, that's not it. I was describing a member group size test of several Swiss and German P210s, and an X5, fired from a machine rest. The thread has expired – I wish I'd saved a copy of it.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
In the past month I have visited the SIG Pro shop twice, asking both times about the P210. Zip, nada. Then Osage came out with this.

<http://www.osagecountyguns.com/blog/news/sig-sauer/sig-releases-p220-legion-10mm-more/>

MSRP on the P210 is $1699.00

I would love to have a stable of Swiss P210's and German X5's. I think I'm headed towards a stainless 1911 Super Target and a P210 American.

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
My X5 L1 and my Legend Target are two of the best 9mm pistols I've ever had the pleasure of owning or shooting, and I've owned and shot a whole bunch of them over the years.

Thank goodness I snagged 'em here in California when I still could, and they were still being imported.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DC3S:
In the past month I have visited the SIG Pro shop twice, asking both times about the P210. Zip, nada. Then Osage came out with this.

<http://www.osagecountyguns.com/blog/news/sig-sauer/sig-releases-p220-legion-10mm-more/>

MSRP on the P210 is $1699.00

Any update on when these actually be available? Read on another forum it was possibly this week?

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
Crickets. What was the source on the other forum?

Cheers.

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DC3S:
Crickets. What was the source on the other forum?

Cheers.

Yet another vendor, I was hoping (dreaming) maybe "this time", since MSRP's are being thrown around, it'd happen LOL.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The machine rest test was definitely not bac1023 and me. I really wish I had seen that machine rest thread.

bac1023 and I haven't done any machine rest shoots yet. We don't have a range that will let us set up a Ransom Rest all day. We just shoot with our hands resting on blocks or sandbags.

Recently I shot my P210 Legend Super Target in another group test which we will share in the future. With non-match Federal 115gr Range-Target-Practice line ammunition, I shot my best group of the day of 5 shots at 25 yards into 0.843 inches center to center. (I had the bottom of my hands resting on a sandbag). This is even better than my red dot assisted 0.89 inch group with my X-Five using Atlanta Arms 115 gr FMJ AMU Match.

At 25 yards, I can't tell the accuracy difference between the X series and the P210 whether Swiss or German. I think you really need to take it out to 50 yards to start to differentiate and we haven't done that yet.

I also note that the Sig Hammerli P240 .38 also uses a barrel hood to slide lockup unlike the P210 but the P240 is at least as accurate if not more accurate.

So there is hope for an accurate P210 American but I don't like the fact that they didn't just produce an American version of the Legend series and instead changed something so fundamental. I also wonder how they got the price point so low.

Posts: 95 | Registered: August 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic stable pf ponies that got tested gentlemen. Very well crafted and written. Thank you for sharing this link (had to post it again:-): http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...curate-pistols-part/

I saw that the Mfg pricing was out for the American P210...do I need another one? Nope. But like always, we have NEEDS and we have WANTS. Smile Separating my needs vs my wants is always a costly process that usually results in tossing some money my wants general direction it seems:-)

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was Yuns or Bac the author of that TFB article and when will part 2 be published?

Yuns, which S&W PC 9mm do you have?

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SS:
Was Yuns or Bac the author of that TFB article and when will part 2 be published?

We both wrote that article. We have finished the shooting part of Part 2 of the article with more 9mm. But we have a lot more writing to do. Part 3 will probably be wheelguns and Part 4 1911s.

I have owned a S&W PC 845, PC 3566 and PC 5906 IDPA. I currently only own the PC 3566 Limited. It has 2 barrels the .356TSW barrel and a 9mm barrel both from the Performance Center.

Posts: 95 | Registered: August 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yuns:
quote:
Originally posted by SS:

We both wrote that article. We have finished the shooting part of Part 2 of the article with more 9mm. But we have a lot more writing to do. Part 3 will probably be wheelguns and Part 4 1911s.

Can't wait for Part 3! I've always admired your 4" Korth Sport revolver.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yuns,

I am a proud owner of a 210 Legend Target and its a fine handgun.

Your Super Target is really something special. What a beautiful piece.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI- At the Sig booth at TriggrCon yesterday, the Sig rep said that the 210 American would be available next week and that pre orders were available.

Posts: 172 | Registered: August 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
CS200, hope that information proves to be correct. Many seem to be eagerly awaiting the American P210. And, if it drives down prices of my German and Swiss guns, Great! I'll take the hit, and shop for a bargains on the German and Swiss gunsWink

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen a P210 American in the wild? Seems if they exclude them in the new mag and bag rebate that Sig expects them to be at dealers.

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post