SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Streamlite TLR-7 any thoughts?
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Streamlite TLR-7 any thoughts? Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

A truly FLEXABLE system Smile

The high switch seems to work great on my G17 Gen5, but this is a really cool trick, both high and low, and it wasn't detailed in the instruction manual.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neat mod!

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Thank you for confirming that it works! I was planning on trying that myself because I like using my trigger finger to turn on the light.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Like Mike
Picture of CEShooter
posted Hide Post
DaBigBR was great to work with on getting my new TLR-7A. I can’t believe how much smaller it was compared to my old one. However, my old one was just the right size (plus a handful of rubber bands) to upgrade one of the Nerf guns kicking around the house.

---------------
"Structural engineering is the art of moulding materials we don't understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot really access, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." Dr. A. R. Dykes

Posts: 2229 | Location: 500 Miles from the homeland | Registered: February 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anybody tried taking apart an original TLR-7 to confirm they're not compatible with the new back plate? I don't have one myself to check.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone mounted the older TLR-7 on an P-320 SCR? It supposedly can be done, but I can't figure out which insert to use or if I have to thin out the trigger guard.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
Has anyone mounted the older TLR-7 on an P-320 SCR? It supposedly can be done, but I can't figure out which insert to use or if I have to thin out the trigger guard.

The photo I posted at the top of Page 9 is my TLR-7A on an X-Compact grip module, whose rail and dust cover is the same length as the Railed Subcompact module. I used the 1913-3 insert. No modifications necessary.

That may be helpful, provided the original TLR-7 is similar in dimensions to the TLR-7A (which it appears to be), and it comes with all the same inserts (which it does appear to).

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Got mine from Brad today. Thanks. Just installed it on my duty weapon. I will swap the left switch to a low one when I have time.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Did anybody notice the new TLR-9? 1000 lumens with two CR123 batteries. Looks to be way too big for a concealed pistol or anything other than a full-size or long slide gun, but I’m sure there are applications in LE or HD.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
There is also a new long gun model with a similar button to the Inforce lights.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
There is also a new long gun model with a similar button to the Inforce lights.

That one I’m actually interested in. As for the 9, I’ll probably pass on it.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Did anybody notice the new TLR-9? Looks to be way too big for a concealed pistol or anything other than a full-size or long slide gun

*checks calendar*

Hmm.

*double-checks calendar*

Okay, I was pretty sure it wasn't April 1st yet anyway.

This is an... odd choice. I don't see what such an overly long weaponlight brings to the table that a TLR-1-sized 1000 lumen light wouldn't. I mean, yeah it'll be a little bit thinner, but not that much. And it severely limits its applications.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, not many people asking for a longer WML on a pistol... or a rifle, for that matter...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The benefit, seemingly, is the front load batteries which I find to be very convenient. That said I don’t see these as pistol lights, really as long gun lights.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
But that style of weaponlight isn't very optimal on a long gun as it is. So it's not well suited for that role either.

Severely limiting the applications just to save 5 seconds in removing/reinstalling the light when it's time to change the batteries doesn't make much sense either. It's not like it has to be rezeroed when you remove it or anything.

posted Hide Post
Just received and installed a TLR-7 last night, and it fits and works great! Makes it a little harder to pocket carry the gun, now, though!

Wink

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Just got a TLR-7A. Vast improvement. I love the new switch. Its a matter of personal preference, but it puts the switch exactly where I want it with either my off hand thumb or trigger finger. I also like the hold for momentary on or click and release for steady on.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Maybe already covered in this thread but is the 7 and 7A the same dimensions holster wise?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Maybe already covered in this thread but is the 7 and 7A the same dimensions holster wise?

Yep.

posted Hide Post
Q: "is the 7 and 7A the same dimensions holster wise?"
A: "yep."

Confirmed. I bought a kydex holster made for a Glock 19 w/TLR-7 light. I am using it with a TLR-7A. Fit is perfect.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post