SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So what pistol did you buy with your tax refund?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So what pistol did you buy with your tax refund? Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted
Mine was a P220. No surprise there.

I paid my car insurance with it first and the rest went toward a pistol I wouldn't have bought otherwise.

Something about a 1983 9mm P220 calling my name... Picked it up on Wednesday. A P320 Legion caught my eye, so it might be next in the list.

So what has your anticipation been itching for or what have you found?

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Technically this one.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Haven't got the check yet, but looking at a P320 Compact with the RMR style optic.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I no longer get a refund. I pay as little as I can before the fact, and as little as I have to by April 15.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I no longer get a refund. I pay as little as I can before the fact, and as little as I have to by April 15.

This ^^^
If you're getting a big refund, you're actually doing it wrong.

So if I pretend I got a big refund, I bought myself a S&W Model 41
Always wanted one, now I have one.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DirectDrive:
quote:

This ^^^

I purposefully get a big refund. Maybe you’re doing it wrong.

I just picked up a 365 and a Garmin watch as a tax refund/promotion present for myself.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

THIS...why give the Feds an "Interest free" loan?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooger:
quote:
quote:

This ^^^

I just picked up a 365 and a Garmin watch as a tax refund/promotion present for myself.

Some people have an inability to save, so they need the government to do it for them.

No refunds here, I buy stuff with my money the whole year round and don't need Uncle Sam to do it for me.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
My tax refund is usually minimal, but it is also bonus time. No gun this year, but I bought a new watch.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought an M9A3 in black and a SAO P226 so far this year, but neither were for tax returns. Have been dumping those in savings account for the last 5 or so years.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
The list for this year inlcudes a Barrett M82.

115 + 115 = 230

Posts: 3675 | Registered: April 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
OMG! I don't wait on a refund (if I get one) to purchase a gun. I might use an excuse, such as Valentine's Day, Groundhog Day, or something else to purchase a gun. Who needs an excuse anyway??? I haven't submitted my tax returns to my CPA yet! It's not gonna slow me down! LOL

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ummm the fact that we all likely have far more guns, gear, ammo etc then we would ever need already makes our financial planning sense questionable.

Can we not just have a good old fashioned 9 year old I got a new toy wanna see it thread instead of an, albeit absolutely true and wise advice, Dave Ramsey speech.

Signed my inner 9 year old. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Ummm the fact that we all likely have far more guns, gear, ammo etc then we would ever need already makes our financial planning sense questionable.

Can we not just have a good old fashioned 9 year old I got a new toy wanna see it thread instead of an, albeit absolutely true and wise advice, Dave Ramsey speech.

Signed my inner 9 year old. Smile

+1!!! Smile

115 + 115 = 230

Posts: 3675 | Registered: April 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I keep the money I expect to owe on taxes in my Vanguard brokerage account. The money I made on that amount I used to buy a new Browning Buckmark and a bunch of 9MM and 22 LR ammo.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
quote:
quote:

This ^^^

Some people have an inability to save, so they need the government to do it for them.

No refunds here, I buy stuff with my money the whole year round and don't need Uncle Sam to do it for me.

I wish I was as squared away as you.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

This ^^^
Unless you like the gummint playing with your money.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finances are easy. I pretty much let the wife do it. She is, shall we say, frugal. She squeezes nickels until they poop pennies. Some say she tighter than the strips on a watermelon. Jack Benny read her financial advice. As a result-I am currently on the one gun a week plan, just about. Since Christmas, a HK VO 9 sk, a full size, a Beretta 92x Centurion, a Sig 365, and several thousand rounds of ammo.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:

THIS...why give the Feds an "Interest free" loan?

I use it as a savings plan as my return goes towards the second half of my property tax bill.

You'e right though, I could make .47¢ interest leaving it in MY bank account. Of course the odds of it being there come June are low.

Sad to say, I've never bought a gun or any other single thing with my tax return.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Finances are easy. I pretty much let the wife do it. She is, shall we say, frugal. She squeezes nickels until they poop pennies. Some say she tighter than the strips on a watermelon. Jack Benny read her financial advice. As a result-I am currently on the one gun a week plan, just about. Since Christmas, a HK VO 9 sk, a full size, a Beretta 92x Centurion, a Sig 365, and several thousand rounds of ammo.

Yo Fred, what do you think about that 92x? Thinking about ordering that exact one next week. I'm trying to find out what the remaining differences are between a 92x Cent and a 92 Elite LTT other than the Brigadier Slide, G conversion, and LTT trigger. Wondering if the frame & trigger guard de-horning is present on the stock 92x Cent.

Hard to find much about the 92x Cent online, everybody seems to be justifiably focused on the 92X Performance.

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post