SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A brace of S&W Combat Masterpieces
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A brace of S&W Combat Masterpieces Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
Niiiiiiiice!

Interesting that S&W didn't use a stainless rear sight on the M67.

Actually they did! But only on the original model 67 "no dash" guns, and IIRC on a very few of the first 67-1s.
I happen to own an early production (1973) model 67 no dash with the stainless rear sight.
I suspect that S&W discontinued the ss sights as the blued sights produce more of a contrast for an easier to pick up sight picture.
Not my gun, but shows the ss rear sight:

Posts: 91 | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Yes the word at the time was that the SS frt/rear sights offered little contrast in low light, etc. So they quickly replaced them with blued sights.

Nice pair....I have a NIB 67 but I don't believe that in ALL my years I have never owned a M-15. I've always leaned towards the M19/66's. I like the shrouded ejector rod "look".

Plus somehow I started with the magnums as I could shoot mags as well as Specials out of them. Plus my first cop issue was a M-19.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a real clean 15 dash 2 and I ran into a mint 67 with stainless sights for 299 at a back woods shop I left with out it but it was still there on Mon so I got it .

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
IMO the 4 inch Combat Masterpiece has the finest balance of any revolver ever made.

I'm right there with you!

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post