SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    beretta 92x performance (update)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

beretta 92x performance (update) Login/Join 
posted
did your 92x come with two setscrews. one for trigger reset and one for trigger pretravel?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DSgrouse,

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
I do not have a 92X Performance, but I happened to see a comment earlier today stating that one of those screws isn't present on this version (Production) of the gun, and will be included on the future Open models. Hope that helps.

Sick gun by the way, most definitely my next purchase. Wish they would announce/release a 96X Performance, it looks like it would be a bitchin' Limited gun.

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Please post MORE pics! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmoneybags:
I do not have a 92X Performance, but I happened to see a comment earlier today stating that one of those screws isn't present on this version (Production) of the gun, and will be included on the future Open models. Hope that helps.

Sick gun by the way, most definitely my next purchase. Wish they would announce/release a 96X Performance, it looks like it would be a bitchin' Limited gun.

That is what i thought. I was looking at that area. I dropped in a set screw. my guess is there will be different firecontrols that get put in. once you start to put a little tension in that area, it becomes pretty much single action only.

So i backed it out and left it normal.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
How do you like the beaver tail? Seems like an uncomfortable angle

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
How do you like the beaver tail? Seems like an uncomfortable angle

Betetta claims that's optimal, but I don't buy it. Beavertail slanted downward is not comfortable. In this case, it's really slanted downward.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks a bit odd at first glance but I find it very comfortable. It is a hell of a fun pistol to shoot!

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When i got it home it was dinner time, so i have not shot it yet. I pulled the vert grips off and put the standard 92 geip with the palmswell on. That snugs everything up quite well. The beaver tail seems to preload pressure into that meaty area. I dont find it uncomfortable at all. I am betting it will be just like the truncated legion beavertail stubbs.

posted Hide Post
Oh, and i blame PGT and his franken beretta for this. I wanted a frame safety pretty bad since then.

I took a look at the parts for the production, standard, and open.

It looks like a trigger replacement is all i need to be able to turn it single action only.

The trigger curently is as good as i could hope for. I dare say almost as good as an ltt trigger job in a bag.

I will get some range time with it and let you know.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Sooo, DA/SA w/ NO Decocker? Can be carried 'Cocked & Locked'?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Sooo, DA/SA w/ NO Decocker? Can be carried 'Cocked & Locked'?

Yep, da/sa. No decocker. So you have to drop the nammer with your thumb on a live round so the safety 1/2cock. Then engage safety for a da carry. Or just carry it cocked and locked 1911 style .

I did some messing around today. I extended the pretravel set screw forward till the gun became a SAO.

I then tested it for function at 1/2 cock safety on and safety off.
Safety off, fail. The hammer fell from 1/2cock with safety off.
Safety on, fail The hammer fell from 1/2cock with safety on.

I tested it for function at full cock safety on and off..
Safety on, passed hammer did not fall from full cock.
Safety off, passed hammer fell from full cock.

My conclusion is that the standard and open Trigger is different from the production where the set screw meets it. The production gun would need the trigger to be replaced if you were going to make it single action only.

Currently da/sa trigger slack take up stock
Da about 5mm
Sa about 5mm

With making it sao trigger slack take up
About 2 to 1.5 mm to include 1/2 cock notch.
About .5mm if you dont include the ability to have a 1/2cock notch.

posted Hide Post
Here are some pics.

Top sets screw is trigger pretravel adjustment.

Here it is set up to single-action only. As you can see, I am betting that the Standard and Open class model will have a different trigger.

In this setting there is almost no trigger take up. It is single action only. I rand 3 15 round mags, 6 18 round mags through it using this setup. It functioned flawlessly. The trigger did back the adjustment screw back just a tad. It seems to like just about 2mm of take-up, then a crisp break. Almost like a 2 stage euro target trigger.

I adjusted it back to almost no take up for the next range session to see how it goes.

Here is one of the S&B 147 grain bullets i shot out of it today. It skipped off one bowling pin and was stopped by a 2nd bowling pin.

posted Hide Post
That’s a gorgeous pistol. The steel frame looks like stainless steel. Is it stainless steel or another finish?

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a stainless alloy, with beretta's NISTAN finish.

Here is their page.
https://www.beretta.com/en/92x-performance/

This the only thing i can find on any form of NISTAN finish.
http://pmdchemicals.co.uk/blog/nistan/

quote:
NISTAN
TIN/NICKEL PROCESS
INTRODUCTION
Nistan tin/nickel alloy plating has exceptional corrosion resistance and a superb finish. The
deposit contains 65% tin: 35% nickel, a composition which is exceptionally consistent within
the operating parameters. The solution is only slightly acidic in pH so surrounding equipment
does not corrode. It produces a ductile deposit and is easy to make-up and control with its
single maintenance additive. The process will operate over a wide range of current densities
and solution compositions in both rack and barrel installations.
Nistan deposits have an attractive, bright chrome-like finish. The hardness and tarnish
resistance make it a very acceptable alternative to chromium in decorative nickel/chromium
finishing, especially for barrel plating small components.
Nistan can be used in electronics as a more corrosion resistance alternative to tin/lead plating.
Nistan can be used instead of nickel as an undercoat to hard gold in electronic connectors,
thereby allowing a reduction in gold thickness.
Other uses are in costume jewellery, instrument controls, kitchen ware, heavy duty switchgear,
pistons in hydraulic system, food and drink processing equipment and laboratory equipment.
DEPOSIT CHARACTERISTICS
Alloy Composition 65% tin: 35% nickel.
Appearance Bright metallic finish with a faint pink tint.
Tarnish resistance Excellent.
Hardness 700 – 800 DPN as plated.
Throwing Power Good.
Covering Power Excellent.
Solderability Excellent (mildly active flux)
Coefficient of sliding friction Low.
SOLUTION MAKE-UP
Nistan RTU 100%
It is essential that the tanks to be used for Nistan are thoroughly cleaned and leached before
any chemistry is introduced. If in any doubt as to the cleaning procedure please contact
PMD Chemicals Technical Department.
1. Add Nistan solution into tank.
2. Place anodes in tank.
3. Plate out for 4 hours at 0.5 A/dm2 onto copper or brass corrugated sheet.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
A sweet Beretta for sure

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Text from the Beretta USA website about those two set screws.

"The 92X Performance also offers the possibility to regulate the pre-travel (ONLY with Single Action Only models) and overtravel (All Models) via two adjustment screws located inside of the magwell. Please note that for standard DA/SA models, ONLY the overtravel screw will be present. The Pre-Travel screw is not functional for the DA/SA models."

From this web page:
https://www.beretta.com/en-us/92x-performance/

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1537 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, I asked here first then spent some time researching.

The gun is back to DA/SA. The xtreme-s trigger group seems to be a LTT trigger job in a bag.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-...fire-control/e02568/

To be able to swap it over it looks like I will need a SA trigger from the two SA models witch don't seem to be out yet.

Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
Have you tried the flat back grip at the range yet? I thought the wraparound grips on my 92X Centurion felt much better than Vertec in dry fire, but on the first & second range trips I tried both grips and shoot way better with the Vertec, like not even close. Very strange.

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmoneybags:
Have you tried the flat back grip at the range yet? I thought the wraparound grips on my 92X Centurion felt much better than Vertec in dry fire, but on the first & second range trips I tried both grips and shoot way better with the Vertec, like not even close. Very strange.

I have not. I have put 400 rounds or more through it. It seems to eat just about any weight and quality ammo. 115grn tula, 147grn cci blazer. 124 win nato. I may try the vertec grips. Right now, the wraparounds don't bother me at all. It seems to shoot wonderfully on target.

I did a lot of dry fire with it last night, da/sa. After looking at my spare LTT TJB parts, I am betting their new 90Xtreme trigger is basically an LTT> It feels pretty damn close to my LTT in my 92c

All in all I am quiet pleased with the 92x performance.

posted Hide Post
So, I took it out today, and ran 200 rounds of tula 115grn steel cased ammo.

Then I had a box of 50 from target sports. Winchester Forged 115grn ammo. It was tacky, sticky. I had a few failures to eject, the cases would stick about have way out of the chamber. I attribute these failures specifically, to this ammo. It was sticky, old, and tacky before and after shooting.

So now I am at about 600 rounds through it. I am keeping it to about a 2" group at 30 ft. Draw, take the saftey off, fire, fire, saftey, holster. rinse repeat.

While not the most accurate right know. I know that is a shooter limitation, not the gun. This is the first fiber optic sight I have used in ages. It is super bright in daylight. So, I am having a bit of a time with it swimming in the rear sight.

I will over come that soon.