SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    beretta 92x performance (update)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

beretta 92x performance (update) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
So, as i said in my other p88 thread I went out to the range yesterday.

I put a lot of rounds through my beretta. At first, it was all over the place, in the same manner as I described. I slowed down my shooting and this is the best I was able to achieve.

I shot the target top left to right.

Top left is indicative of how I have normally seen it group. Top right is me shooting double action only 17 round mag. Middle is double action single action in two shot strings.

Bottom left is single action only. Bottom right is double single two shot strings.

Middle bottom group is rapid fire two 17 round mags.

Make of the targets what you will.

Some observations.

1) it has stupid levels of felt recoil for its size and weight. My USP expert has half the recoil. The P88 was quicker back on target. I out shot these groups with my New to me P226 SSE in 40sw.

2) It needs a stiffer recoil spring.

3) The single action trigger I suspect is not breaking at the same point. I don't know how to prove that, but it is the impression I am left with. Same, same, same, blam complete fucking surprise, same, same, blam.

4) I need to find its case and have beretta go through the thing with a fine-tooth comb. I shot it in the yard at my bowling pins, and the damn thing is still stripping the jackets off the bullets.

AKA just like this.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I fondled one yesterday, I wanted it bad but my mad money funds are low and they stopped doing lay a way during the Plandemic Frown

I will own one

Finally scored one, at a great price too

Posts: 5325 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
DSgrouse, did you get yours figured out?

Posts: 5325 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the life of me, no. I got a notice to send it in, but life got busy. I have shot it 3 or 4 times since then. The issue I am almost sure is some how me.

I don't have a way to prove it, but between my 92c and the 92x the 92x DA and SA are longer trigger pulls after the break.

I don't know man, there are moments when I can drop 5 rounds in one ragged hole, but the next group is 3"

It does not help that I have not been shooting consistently over the last months. Life, it gets in the way of the important stuff.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
The trigger pull issue sounds weird...but I'd be more concerned about what that thing is doing to bullet jackets...that's pretty messed up, and could definitely be contributing to accuracy issues.

Posts: 8573 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post