SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    considering a new pocket edc gun
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

considering a new pocket edc gun Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhughes:
I think everyone should disclose pant sizes when talking about pocket guns, style of pants as well. P938 was pretty bulky in 40x40 slacks and pretty heavy. Now use bodyguard 380 for that purpose

Waist size = 40 blue jeans (Wrangled & Carhartt) and khakis worn like an adult and with a belt. Again, no problem all day every day.

P938 and Bodyguard 380 are virtually the same size.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My Kahr CW380 in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster does just fine in regular jeans and khakis.

Since you already have a PM9, you have the same trigger, manual of arms etc

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I carry one of several small .380s that I have. I’ve tried to pocket carry pretty much all of the small 9mms but they just feel like a brick in my pocket. Surprisingly, a j frame doesn’t feel that way at all and somehow they don’t print either.

I picked up a Sig P238 (.380) and shortly after when I found a P 938(9mm) almost identical, in size in weight, and have been pocket carrying the 9mm exclusively in my pocket. I got a pocket holster sized for the 938, which the 238 also fits and notice no difference when in my pocket.

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
P938 with one in the pipe, cocked, & locked for nearly 5 years now. I honestly believe it is the best option currently on the market. YMMV

That's how I have been carrying mine. I like the positive snap on off of the safety, plus I use a wallet type pocket holster, not the fastest to get the gun into action, but it conceals it better, and the flap plus back side has molded to the safety levers, adding to an extra margin of safety.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Putting a pistol in the front pocket isn't that difficult, or noticeable in khaki's or most pants except very tight ones, or some dress suit pants in which the fabric offers little support.

I think some of the resistance to pocket carry comes from not having done it: one is more conscious of the pistol there at first, and feels like everyone sees it.

I carry my wallet in my front pocket. Nobody notices or cares. I often put a cell phone in a front pocket, and nobody cares or notices, even though items may bulge or bulk; it's normal and routine for so many people that nobody really looks or cares.

A pistol in the pocket doesn't produce much of a bulge or outline, of one is using a decent pocket holster. Autos like a G43 or P365 don't take up any more space or make any more bulk than a j-frame snubbie, and that's no trouble to throw in a front pocket holster, at all. In a suit, I usually don't, but that's about it.

You might need to shop for a pair of kahki's that has the right pocket cut; most that have any drop to the pocket line, or into which you could normally place your hands, will facilitate a pistol and a decent draw.

I'm in the habit of placing my thumb over the back sight when drawing, and depending on the pant, I'll use a small magazine with autos (flush mag), or sometimes one larger (eg, G43 with Pearce +1 baseplate or P365 with 12 round magazine). Some pants need a bit of practice; the pocket may be such that the butt and magazine must lead out, but it's an easily learned draw, especially if the hand is already in the pocket on the pistol.

When I first started pocket carrying, I could look down into the pocket and see the backstrap on the grip, in some cases, and I was self-conscious, wondering if others noticed. However, I have yet to see anyone lean into me and stare into my pockets. They just don't. If they do, they'd have to know what they're seeing.

Try it for a few days, or week or month, until you stop worrying what others are seeing and get used to the idea. You'll find that most of what you think others are noticing, is self-conscious worry. Nobody notices, nobody cares. In fact, its your own ease in carrying it that makes it disappear, and if you're uneasy, it's more likely to be spotted.

I was carrying a S&@ 342 Ti LIte, the scandium framed, titanium cylinder model j frame, double action only that is extremely lightweight, acutally hurts to shoot, and easy to draw out of a pocket as it is double action only , completely enshrouded hammer. It is just a little bit too large to keep concealed so I went to a Sig P938 condition 1. I am thinking about a P365 as I think the striker mechanism will not have the cocked hammer and exposed sear to collect dust.

Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
My P365 is most carried, with occasion for the S&W 638, or the nifty Kimber Micro .380. However, that’s when I’m carrying at least two pistols. The P32 is most ALWAYS on me.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I typically carry a micro .380 or a j frame. I've tried to carry a variety of small 9mms and they were just too big even for the pocket of loose cargo shorts.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3534 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
For about 6 years at work I have used a Springfield XDs in .45 in a DeSantis sticky holster. I always wore a suit, so there was a choice of pockets. Inside jacket pocked was the best. I was usually seated.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been carrying a P938 for about three years and after reading a lot about the P365, went down and bought one this morning. I had thought about the SAS model but did not want the ported barrel. I may pick up the non ported SAS slide when it is available.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I typically carry a micro .380 or a j frame. I've tried to carry a variety of small 9mms and they were just too big even for the pocket of loose cargo shorts.

I actually found the P938 a bit smaller and easier to conceal in my pocket than a j frame.

posted Hide Post
I was amazed when I bought my 365 at how easy it is to pocket carry. For some reason I thought it was going to be bulky and heavy, but it absolutely is not.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post