SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Taking the pulse of the 320 owners re: voluntary upgrade
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taking the pulse of the 320 owners re: voluntary upgrade Login/Join 
Picture of sigforever
posted
Just wanted to get a general idea of what the 320 owners out there are planning to do about the voluntary upgrade.

Question:
What are your current plans in regards to your 320?

Choices:
Of course I'm sending it in for the upgrade, I'm not stupid
I have not made my decision on whether or not to send it in.
My 320 is fine the way it is. Just don't hit the damn thing with a hammer.
I'm off of the 320 all together. Won't buy another one.

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." - Neil Armstrong.

Posts: 235 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed32hall
posted Hide Post
I have sent the request in to Sig for the recall, but I am still waiting for the return authorization. The way my luck has been lately, I'm not taking any chances. Ed

Sigs - Yes, I would like more German made Sigs

Posts: 2652 | Location: Formerly NW WA, now in SE TN | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just went shooting this am. Two things stood out. Ok, maybe three. I have to mod my 225A1 slide lock, the Glock 43 is a straight up winner, and I shoot lights out with my 320. Easily the handgun that I can shoot the best.

Mod it, hope their new parts don't jack it up, and move on.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your poll is weighted and biased.

It implies that one who does not get the upgrade is stupid.

Perhaps one is simply very satisfied with the pistol and not stupid enough to mishandle it...like other firearms owned and carried that are not "drop safe."

A half a million of them have done pretty damn good for some time, now.

I may send them in, I may not. I may send one or two. We shall see. I'll examine what comes back "upgraded," first.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
None of your options really fit my intentions.

I have two P320s and I registered both of them for the upgrade the first day it was possible to do so. I received the shipping labels a couple of weeks ago.

I purposely waited until there was some feedback from P320s who had actually sent their pistols in for the upgrade and received them back. There have now been a handful of reports available from P320 owners who have had the upgrade. Several have reported that the upgrade did not degrade the trigger action. I read one owner's comments who felt the post-upgrade trigger was somewhat heavier.

The turn-around time for the upgrade appears to have been very prompt so far.

I could actually live with a somewhat heavier trigger pull on the P320, and I have never been entirely comfortable with the "double click" phenomenon, which is effectively eliminated by the addition of the disconnector.

Based on the info at hand, I boxed up one of my P320s today and I am about to drop it off at my local Fed Ex depot. I will wait until it returns and I have a chance to test it before deciding on whether to send my second P320 in.

I have been perfectly comfortable continuing to shoot my P320s at the range, but the one I sent has done night stand duty as a SD pistol, and it is not inconceivable that I could drop a loaded pistol in the dark.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I voted for the 3rd option, as that was the closet to my situation.

I have never dropped a gun in 25 years of shooting and don't have any intention of dropping one now. With that being said, I love my 320 and have it in my vehicle 24/7 loaded with one in the chamber but will send it in for the upgrade when the newness of the upgrade dies down.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have one that is eligible for the upgrade. I'll send it in as soon as I get the go-ahead. No reason not to.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I am a combination of #2 and #3.

I am probably going to register it and send it in but I am waiting until I start seeing reports on how the trigger is afyer the mods.

I am comfortable with keeping it as is and just not drop it at a 30 degree angle.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:

I am probably going to register it and send it in but I am waiting until I start seeing reports on how the trigger is afyer the mods.

I am comfortable with keeping it as is and just not drop it at a 30 degree angle.

What he said.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:

That's where I'm at.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I have two 320s. One of them is going to fedex tomorrow morning to go back.

The other I haven't received a shipping label yet and I will wait to send it till the 1st one is back and inspected.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking about trading mine for a glock 19. Never warmed up to it and I honestly could use the room in the safe for something I like more.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigforever
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Your poll is weighted and biased.

It implies that one who does not get the upgrade is stupid.

Perhaps one is simply very satisfied with the pistol and not stupid enough to mishandle it...like other firearms owned and carried that are not "drop safe."

A half a million of them have done pretty damn good for some time, now.

I may send them in, I may not. I may send one or two. We shall see. I'll examine what comes back "upgraded," first.

Sorry about putting the stupid comment in. I was trying to be funny. Guess it didn't work. Decided to make this poll because I got my shipping label today, so I sent mine in. After the exaggerated drop test results, I put my 320 up and have not touched it in a month. I knew it was safer than I was, but took extra caution.
But when I picked it up and put it in my hand I realized how great the 320 fit my hand (with the small, compact frame). And I also forgot how much I like the looks of the design compared to glock. I will definitely buy another one.

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." - Neil Armstrong.

Posts: 235 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is really indirectly for sns3guppy. But can anyone name another product that has a known and well documented defect, the mfg. of said product offers a repair of said defect, and then when one does not get it repaired and something bad happens the owner of said product is not liable.
I can't.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 320 Tacops and like it a lot. I was on the fence about keeping it but went to the LGS today and handled a Gen 5 Glock and a 2,0 M&P. I'll keep the 320. it feels and points better for me.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never dropped a pistol, but I'm not perfect. I can't imagine how I would defend myself, either legally or to my conscience, if I did have an accident and I hadn't had it upgraded.
I am continuing to use it until it is time to send it back.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only one of the six P320 in family does not have either the Gray trigger or have been enhanced by Mr. Gray. I am not undoing that good work by sending the worked-on pistols back.

It is possible that a P320SC9 that came with an acceptable trigger might be sent back.

Better, less-expensive. striker-fired, 9mm pistols now exist and P320 have been relegated to being part of the history of the development of firearms. The military will eventually regret adoption of P320 when real-life mud, dirt, dust, and abuse impact its several small parts and small springs. My opinion after taking them apart and putting them back together in P320 armorer class - like a fine mechanical watch.

However, clearly, if one has found a grip and size that fits, and the trigger is acceptable - be happy and shoot it. I shot a P320C9 in IDPA until something better appeared.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no clue on Bruce position on this relative to the defect continuing to exist once he's had the gun. But if he has not confirmed the problem is not in his work I'd guess you will get a note saying send it back somewhere. See my earlier comment about liability. Bruce is not going to escape the issue. FWIW.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted "Not Sure," but I have my request in and am leaning towards getting it done. The initial reports sound promising. I think the super-skinny trigger is fugly, but as long as there's no degradation of function I'll probably do it for the peace of mind.

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I haven't decided whether I want to keep my 320C or not, which is EXACTLY where I was before I ever heard of Omaha Outdoors or smacking the back of loaded guns with a mallet. I've not been all that enamored with the model, regardless of whether it's completely drop safe or not.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post