SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Military berettas
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military berettas Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I've seen what these pistols go through - far worse than any LEO weapon, worn hard, put away wet and dirty. Pass

JMO.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I don't think you will ever see true M9's for sale from the CMP. Second hand from a surplus supplier, but not the CMP.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
Probably never. And even if they do become available, the majority of it will probably be beat to shit.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Military 1911s have only recently been approved for CMP sales

Not true.

The bill made it out of the committee, but still has to make it through the House, and then the Senate.

https://mikerogers.house.gov/p...aa-good-east-alabama

Posts: 11 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Well I suppose one could always hope for some fortuitous 'contract overruns' when the Army is finally done with Beretta. I'd imagine that there would be plenty of demand if that were to happen.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darr3239:
quote:
Military 1911s have only recently been approved for CMP sales

Not true.

The bill made it out of the committee, but still has to make it through the House, and then the Senate.

This was the most recent update I could find: https://mikerogers.house.gov/p...aa-good-east-alabama

Thanks for the update. However, I just checked and it passed the House in July.

https://www.nraila.org/article...passage-of-2018-ndaa

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool. Smile

posted Hide Post
While somewhat off topic if I were considering adding another Beretta to my stable, or if I were the OP, I would be hunting for an M9A1 (and I would gladly take the A1 over even the Langdon M9). I wish I hadn't waited until 2016 to buy mine because if I had known how much I would like it I would have tried to trade either the FS or (more likely) the M9 in for another one if the supply hadn't dried up. I think I must have gotten one of the last ones (with factory night sights no less)in February.

While the $400 FS at the OP's local dealer could be a good deal I would also recommend looking around for an M9A1

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thread drift, on those CMP 1911s, 40 years ago, the last one I was issued had been arsenal reworked 4 times! And that was then! A piece of paper could be inserted between the slide and frame......

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2339 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buds has the Italian made 92FS for $469.00.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use to buy beat up trade in guns and by the time I was done buying replacement springs and another mag or two, I could have bought a new one on sale or a used one in 95% condition.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used pistols rarely "need" new springs, and we always buy more mags right?

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for a genuine Mossad Beretta Model 71 (.22 LR). Been waiting quite awhile…

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
Buds has the Italian made 92FS for $469.00.

Just out of curiosity, is there anything substantially different between these and those made in Maryland?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I'm waiting for a genuine Mossad Beretta Model 71 (.22 LR). Been waiting quite awhile…

That's because they didn't use them. If they used them at all, it was a Model 70S. Its mostly myth.

The current surplus 71's on the market were used by Sayeret Matkal.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Just out of curiosity, is there anything substantially different between these and those made in Maryland?

I thought they just moved all their equipment over? Should be the same, just marked Tennessee. I know there were finish issues but that was on the M9A3.

I'm thinking of getting the Langdon M9. My only Beretta is an old 84F

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

I thought they just moved all their equipment over? Should be the same, just marked Tennessee. I know there were finish issues but that was on the M9A3.

Re-read his post. I believe he was talking about the difference between the Italian and US 92FS. Unfortunately, I can't answer that question.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Yes, there are differences between the US and Italian made guns, mostly the finishes (not by design but by whatever processes each respective production line uses). Neither are as well made as the early guns...until 2005 or so.

The current crop of 92's out of Italy have a weird crinkle coat finish on the alloy lowers. The 92A1 a friend bought recently (Italian-made) had a NASTY bur on the feed strip; we had to us a deadblow hammer to separate the upper from the lower. The current Inox guns from Italy have a weird whitish silver anodized finish.

All that said, there are been some major QC issues out of the new Gallatin plant. It took until the fourth M9A3 I ordered to get one of acceptable quality.

Bottom line; be sure to inspect any brand new gun from Beretta for function and fit/finish before filling out a 4473.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darr3239:
Used pistols rarely "need" new springs, and we always buy more mags right?
That's quite relative.
If I wasn't the one that bought it originally, depends if it's a one owner gun, I would be inclined to replace them simply because ascertaining the age and round count is really not possible.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post