SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Streamlight TLR-7 opinion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Streamlight TLR-7 opinion Login/Join 
Picture of GarandGuy
posted
Anyone here using and liking the Streamlight TLR-7?

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Not a TLR-7, but I have a TLR-8. So far so good, I’ve had it since they came out. I haven’t abused it, but it’s holding up fine.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Got one when it first came out. Only about 800 rounds through it on my gen3 32.
I had the flickering issue which I solved with a piece of a rubber band.

The light does have a yellow tint to it. But I like the brightness/runtime for the size. I just bought another one and am eventually going to switch my home stuff over to the TLR-7.

I'm still using the latest iteration of the TLR-1HL on my duty gun.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarandGuy:
Anyone here using and liking the Streamlight TLR-7?

I have one on a P320c/9mm. I like the compactness of the light. The switches are a reach if you have short fingers. FWIW, I think VIRIDIAN C5/C5L switches are better.

The TLR7 is brighter than the VIRIDIAN lights. The TLR7 mounts to a P320 w/o modifying the rail. As compared to a VIRIDIAN which required minor rail modification to get it to mount as close as possible to the trigger. With those issues in mind I don't regret buying the TLR7.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a TLR-7 for my G19. Will put it on at night for nighttime bedside duties. Optics Planet has them on sale right now for $109.99 with free shipping.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/s...-7-weapon-light.html

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I just ordered a TLR-7 for my G19. Will put it on at night for nighttime bedside duties. Optics Planet has them on sale right now for $109.99 with free shipping.

That's a good price. I paid $129 for mine.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the TLR-7 and have one on my Glock 19. For some weird OCD reason I’m bothered by the fact that the bigger lights like the TLR-1 extend past the end of the barrel on medium size pistols. The TLR-7 is pretty much flush with the muzzle of the G19 and it’s really bright. I also like that it has a strobe and the switch configuration took a little getting used to but it’s fine now.

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:

same price on amazon without the optics planet hassle

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Got one when it first came out. Only about 800 rounds through it on my gen3 32.
I had the flickering issue which I solved with a piece of a rubber band.

The light does have a yellow tint to it. But I like the brightness/runtime for the size. I just bought another one and am eventually going to switch my home stuff over to the TLR-7.

I'm still using the latest iteration of the TLR-1HL on my duty gun.

Call their CS, they will ship a replacement head.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
I purchased one a couple of months ago from Primary Arms and like the fact that it is more compact and a little more flush with the compact pistols. It was cheaper when I got mine, but it is still on sale at PA.

TLR-7

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1045 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I've been playing with one for a while now and I do like it a lot and will likely buy this one instead of returning to the rep. I have the Inforce APLc on one of my G19s and like it well enough for indoors, but I've long learned that it's woefully down on light intensity and power for outdoor use.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
if it's anything like the other streamlight's I've bought, I'd have no reservations about it.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
I have three TLR-7s, two on Glock 19s and one on a SIG P229. I've trained and qualified with them all and used the TLR-7 in low light quite a bit. I've burned through three batteries so far. It took a bit to get used to the switch, but I really like it. I would like Streamight to make the TLR-1 HL with a similar switch.

I have experience with the old M3, M3X, and all of the TLR-1 series lights also. The 7 is an excellent buy for concealed carry or duty.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Posts: 104 | Location: From Philly, now in middle GA | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I like mine very much. I wear medium gloves usually. Sorry me brands I’ll go up to large, but usually medium, so my hands are on the smaller side.

I can just baaarely reach the switch. I miss it sometimes if I move too fast.

I can each my TLR-1 easily. It won’t stop me from buying a second, but I wish it was just a smidge closer.

That’s my only complaint. Mine rides on an M&P 2.0 Comoact that I carry appendix (with the light on it). It hasn’t missed a beat, but it’s not like Ive really rested it hard.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post