SIGforum
Streamlight TLR-7 opinion

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/6260005644

August 31, 2018, 10:11 PM
GarandGuy
Streamlight TLR-7 opinion
Anyone here using and liking the Streamlight TLR-7?

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?
August 31, 2018, 10:29 PM
dry-fly
Not a TLR-7, but I have a TLR-8. So far so good, I’ve had it since they came out. I haven’t abused it, but it’s holding up fine.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...
August 31, 2018, 11:41 PM
Chowser
Got one when it first came out. Only about 800 rounds through it on my gen3 32.
I had the flickering issue which I solved with a piece of a rubber band.

The light does have a yellow tint to it. But I like the brightness/runtime for the size. I just bought another one and am eventually going to switch my home stuff over to the TLR-7.

I'm still using the latest iteration of the TLR-1HL on my duty gun.

Not minority enough!
September 01, 2018, 10:47 AM
az4783054
quote:
Originally posted by GarandGuy:
Anyone here using and liking the Streamlight TLR-7?

I have one on a P320c/9mm. I like the compactness of the light. The switches are a reach if you have short fingers. FWIW, I think VIRIDIAN C5/C5L switches are better.

The TLR7 is brighter than the VIRIDIAN lights. The TLR7 mounts to a P320 w/o modifying the rail. As compared to a VIRIDIAN which required minor rail modification to get it to mount as close as possible to the trigger. With those issues in mind I don't regret buying the TLR7.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.
September 01, 2018, 03:54 PM
Warhorse
I just ordered a TLR-7 for my G19. Will put it on at night for nighttime bedside duties. Optics Planet has them on sale right now for $109.99 with free shipping.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/s...-7-weapon-light.html

September 01, 2018, 07:25 PM
az4783054
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I just ordered a TLR-7 for my G19. Will put it on at night for nighttime bedside duties. Optics Planet has them on sale right now for $109.99 with free shipping.

That's a good price. I paid $129 for mine.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.
September 01, 2018, 10:32 PM
bcphoenix
I like the TLR-7 and have one on my Glock 19. For some weird OCD reason I’m bothered by the fact that the bigger lights like the TLR-1 extend past the end of the barrel on medium size pistols. The TLR-7 is pretty much flush with the muzzle of the G19 and it’s really bright. I also like that it has a strobe and the switch configuration took a little getting used to but it’s fine now.
September 02, 2018, 01:01 AM
SR025
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:

same price on amazon without the optics planet hassle
September 02, 2018, 09:04 AM
Pittwm
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Got one when it first came out. Only about 800 rounds through it on my gen3 32.
I had the flickering issue which I solved with a piece of a rubber band.

The light does have a yellow tint to it. But I like the brightness/runtime for the size. I just bought another one and am eventually going to switch my home stuff over to the TLR-7.

I'm still using the latest iteration of the TLR-1HL on my duty gun.

Call their CS, they will ship a replacement head.
September 02, 2018, 09:22 AM
BucFan
I purchased one a couple of months ago from Primary Arms and like the fact that it is more compact and a little more flush with the compact pistols. It was cheaper when I got mine, but it is still on sale at PA.

TLR-7

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40
September 02, 2018, 11:19 AM
soggy_spinout
I've been playing with one for a while now and I do like it a lot and will likely buy this one instead of returning to the rep. I have the Inforce APLc on one of my G19s and like it well enough for indoors, but I've long learned that it's woefully down on light intensity and power for outdoor use.
September 02, 2018, 12:21 PM
FenderBender
if it's anything like the other streamlight's I've bought, I'd have no reservations about it.
September 02, 2018, 04:40 PM
pointman73
I have three TLR-7s, two on Glock 19s and one on a SIG P229. I've trained and qualified with them all and used the TLR-7 in low light quite a bit. I've burned through three batteries so far. It took a bit to get used to the switch, but I really like it. I would like Streamight to make the TLR-1 HL with a similar switch.

I have experience with the old M3, M3X, and all of the TLR-1 series lights also. The 7 is an excellent buy for concealed carry or duty.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
September 02, 2018, 07:28 PM
esdunbar
I like mine very much. I wear medium gloves usually. Sorry me brands I’ll go up to large, but usually medium, so my hands are on the smaller side.

I can just baaarely reach the switch. I miss it sometimes if I move too fast.

I can each my TLR-1 easily. It won’t stop me from buying a second, but I wish it was just a smidge closer.

That’s my only complaint. Mine rides on an M&P 2.0 Comoact that I carry appendix (with the light on it). It hasn’t missed a beat, but it’s not like Ive really rested it hard.