SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So how are you guys liking your Glock 43?
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So how are you guys liking your Glock 43? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A bit of Photoshop to suggest a possible remedy.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
A bit of Photoshop to suggest a possible remedy.

I know a coupla' USPSA Shooters--One a Grand Master--Who routinely do that to any Glock they end up owning--'Course, they are using a DREMEL to make the Mod, so the results aren't as "Pretty" as your Photoshopped version--LOL!....mikey357

Posts: 645 | Location: Griffin, GA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've ordered a G42 slide release from glockparts.com. The G43 part is not yet available. The part numbers are different between the two parts but this must be a mere technicality, as the parts appear to be identical and the Vickers slide release will fit G42 or 43.

I guess I'll use a Dremel with a cutoff wheel, smooth the edge with a file, then finish with a buffing wheel. I don't mind some shiney metal showing through, but burrs or sharp edges need to be removed.

If I still have premature locking when the part is shaped as you see it in the pic, I'll try removing more material. At some point, the premature locking will stop. Even if it's just a mere vestige, I still have to have a way to manually release the slide with one hand, although I, as a habit, use the overhand slingshot technique to release the slide.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Birchwood-Casey's Presto pen does a pretty good job of bluing Glock carbon steel, if you're inclined to conceal that edge. I've used it on my rusted G23 slide and surprising to me the results have done better at keeping the rust from returning (not as fast) than the factory oxide finish. I've found that still have to wipe down the slide every night when it gets hot around here, but the patches more often no longer have a brown hue when I'm done.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
For those who have a G43/42, look at the side release lever from the rear of the pistol. Although Glock did incorporate a bot of a ledge to keep the shooter's thumb away from the slide release, the pad of the release is angled out slightly, and the bottom half of the pad sticks out above the recessed area (at least, that's how mine is, anyway.)
So, removing the lower half of the pad should do the trick. If I need to, I can shave it down even more. When you touch the release with your thumb, you'll notice your thumb is bearing on only the top portion of the pad. IOW, I doubt I'll be losing much in the way of usable surface area on the part.

posted Hide Post
Please show us an image of that mod. when complete. MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Put the Talon grips, Ghost Edge & Ameriglo CAP sights on my 43. Added 3 Taran mag extensions. And spent a small fortune on 124gr Gold Dots & HSTs. 1200 rounds later it's my everyday summer carry gun. No failures.

But, the Vickers extended slide stop didn't work out. It's functional but my thumb continually bumps it, naturally resulting in slide lock.

So, if any forum member wishes to give an almost new Vickers G42/43 slide stop a try, (no chg.) my email is in my profile. I'll mail it to the first "I'll take it" member who responds with a ship-to address.

EDIT: Wasabi was fastest on the trigger. Mailing it out to him tomorrow!

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
Put the Talon grips, Ghost Edge & Ameriglo CAP sights on my 43. Added 3 Taran mag extensions. And spent a small fortune on 124gr Gold Dots & HSTs. 1200 rounds later it's my everyday summer carry gun. No failures.

But, the Vickers extended slide stop didn't work out. It's functional but my thumb continually bumps it, naturally resulting in slide lock.

So, if any forum member wishes to give an almost new Vickers G42/43 slide stop a try, (no chg.) my email is in my profile. I'll mail it to the first "I'll take it" member who responds with a ship-to address.

Email sent on the slide stop. I'll take it.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's a nice gesture, elde.

Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, very nice and I'll be sure to give it back to the Sig forum if I find it too big for me too.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Folks, Wasabi was the first member with an "I'll take it email".

Best regards,
elde

“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:

Love this place Mr. Parabellum, wish I could do more....thanks for allowing me to hang out here.

posted Hide Post
I went to the range today to see if my 43 would have problems mentioned in this thread with 9BPLE. I shot a box of 115 FMJ to warm up and then ran through a box of 9BPLE. I had no issues at all with the +P+ though the recoil was a bit snappy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Abn556,

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Love this place Mr. Parabellum, wish I could do more....thanks for allowing me to hang out here.
Elbe, is the front sight on the Ameriglo Cap oversized relative to stock Glock dot?

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
quote:
quote:

Elbe, is the front sight on the Ameriglo Cap oversized relative to stock Glock dot?

No it is not. I dug out the factory plastic front to compare: they are virtually the same size. The Ameriglo sight, of course, has a tritium center. The remaining space in the rectangular sight is coated with a phosphorescent substance that glows after exposure to light.

posted Hide Post
I have approximately 450 rounds through my Glock 43 of mixed ammo including 100 rounds of 124+p. The gun has been flawless but I do get the occasional BTF although its not happening as often. I have the Ameriglo Defoor (awesome sights) night sights installed and the gun is very accurate and fast on target. I really like the 43 and its a keeper but it has not dethroned my trusty Walther PPS as my favorite single stack 9mm.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I carried my glock 43 in an ankle holster for the last two days. I carried it in a Renegade made for a G26. I couldn'r wait to get it off tonight. I'm sticking with airweight J frames. It was even more uncomfortable than a 232 on my ankle.
It does shoot well enough, and 250 rounds without a problem.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
I carried my glock 43 in an ankle holster for the last two days. I carried it in a Renegade made for a G26. I couldn't wait to get it off tonight. I'm sticking with airweight J frames. It was even more uncomfortable than a 232 on my ankle.
Was it the size/shape of the pistol that made it uncomfortable for this method of carry, or was it the weight? I guess it's about a six ounce difference between the G43 and an Airweight J frame.

posted Hide Post
I got to shoot mine today. I shot 200 rounds of FMJ of S&B, Federal, and Blazer, and Remington UMC, and also 3 magazines of Speer Gold Dot +P. I had zero malfunctions. I did get a failure of the slide to lock back after the 3rd magazine, and figured that it was because of my thumb riding high on the frame, which I tested a couple of times and determined was the case. Not a big deal at all to me and much better than having it lock before the magazine is empty.

I was very impressed with the accuracy of this pistol, and while I know many do not like the factory Glock sights, they shot to point of aim at 21 feet. The recoil, while snappy, certainly was not uncontrollable, even with the +P, but the magazine with the extension did seem to lessen the recoil. All in all, I'm very impressed with this pistol, both for its shootability, and the concealability in the Remora holster I bought for it.

Forgot to mention, I did get a brass to face, or more precisely, my forehead, on the very first round, but none after that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BMR,

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Para, it was a combination of the weight difference, and the shape of the muzzle/slide pressing against my ankle.IMHO, Glocks don't make very good ankle guns, unless they are worn over a boot. Too many sharp-ish edges, and heavy, too.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post