SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK P30L John Wick Compensator. Does Anyone Have One?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK P30L John Wick Compensator. Does Anyone Have One? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
HK-USA is selling one made by Parker Mountain Machine now. Looks a lot better IMO, and attaches to a threaded barrel:

Very nice. Please let us know how well it works with recoil and muzzle rise!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
Very nice. Please let us know how well it works with recoil and muzzle rise!

Those are photos from PMM. They have some videos showing the effect on recoil with the pistol in a ransom rest.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
PMM reviews very well in terms of recoil reduction/muzzle rise reduction, the major criticism is that it's threaded on with shims and torqued, and the PMM video shows him pouring on a bit of Rocksett (I've always just used a drop or two on AR threads).

The upside is that the comp's geometry has anti-rotation qualities. It interfaces with the guide rod under recoil, and the shape of the 320 with extended dust cover, as well as the P30, make it not rotate even if it were loose.

I just ordered the 320 one to try out. They have a 10% sale right now

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Waste of money on cosmetics. If you want a real compensator then get a threaded barrel and install one. This thing is just a weight.

I wish I hadn't wasted my money on the one I did. Form should follow function.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
PMM reviews very well in terms of recoil reduction/muzzle rise reduction, the major criticism is that it's threaded on with shims and torqued, and the PMM video shows him pouring on a bit of Rocksett (I've always just used a drop or two on AR threads).

The upside is that the comp's geometry has anti-rotation qualities. It interfaces with the guide rod under recoil, and the shape of the 320 with extended dust cover, as well as the P30, make it not rotate even if it were loose.

I just ordered the 320 one to try out. They have a 10% sale right now

Let us know what approach you wind up taking to cleaning.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post