SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
Was at a gun show over the weekend, and saw the weirdest Glock I have ever seen. It was a Glock 19,but with a collapsible grip. Was going for $1400.00.

Sounds like the Full Conceal M3

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's a Type 3 malfunction?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
What's a Type 3 malfunction?

Double feed, with a cartridge or case in the chamber and another trying to feed as well.

I guess I haven't shot enough as I've never encountered one outside of training drills and never had an issue taking the magazine out of a non-uber cutout Glock / SIG / HK / Colt.

Maybe I'm setting myself up for certain death not having the IGOTTARIPTHEMAGOUTCUTOUTS but I'll take a more comfortable grip on the Glock than having them be the only gun I own with these cutz.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I agree. The era of half moon cutouts on Glocks needed to stay long gone. They sure didn’t help me any when one of my Gen 2 19’s had one of the mystery malfunctions that supposedly only the Gen 2 19’s ever did, which was jam the slide open at full extension with an empty case stuck in the extractor and lodged up against the barrel hood, jamming the whole thing incredibly solid. I dropped the mag and attaempted to clear it by slingshot but there was literally zero play and it got me nowhere. In the end, I had to have my friend hold the damn gun while I pried at the shell. Four hands and a cleaning rod as a lever required to unjam the fucking thing. It promptly went back into the safe and hasn’t been out to play since.

But hey, it’s got that snazzy fucking operator-tastic half moon cutout to strip a mag in case of a failure! Roll Eyes

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

...But hey, it’s got that snazzy fucking operator-tastic half moon cutout to strip a mag in case of a failure! Roll Eyes

Well, at least you had a failure! Think of all those unlucky Glock owners who never experience one. Big Grin

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
How do all the other guns handle Type 3 malfunctions without side cuts?

I guess they never have it or the shooters just die?

Lol.

No, I was answering the question why, with the posters assumption that mags drop free.

I agree, I hate the cutout, but if they had to do one would have preferred it on the sides of the grip. Again, I've never had an issue with the Gen. 3-4, just ripping out the mag by the plate. I've never had a double feed/or a feed behind a failure to extract on a Glock, outside of it being set up in class, but I have on a 1911.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
How do all the other guns handle Type 3 malfunctions without side cuts?

I guess they never have it or the shooters just die?

Lol.

No, I was answering the question why, with the posters assumption that mags drop free.

I agree, I hate the cutout, but if they had to do one would have preferred it on the sides of the grip. Again, I've never had an issue with the Gen. 3-4, just ripping out the mag by the plate. I've never had a double feed/or a feed behind a failure to extract on a Glock, outside of it being set up in class, but I have on a 1911.
Oh I wasn't dogging on you man, I just hear that "rip the magazine out" line all too often when it comes to Glock cut outs - yeah, you need to pull it out but all the other pistols seem to manage without a cut so I figure Glock can too - and besides the uber tacti-operators can always fix the omission with a dremal and soldering iron. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
I really don't need another Glock, but I couldn't pass this one up. I bought from a revolver guy who, shot one box of ammo through it & decided he still hated semi autos. I paid $100 less than Blue Label price at my local LE toy store.

Same thing happened to me at my last gun show.
I had no intention of buying anything, but walked out with a G19 X.
Used a personal check that has been in my wallet for 2 years and got the cash price of $567.
Sold my Gen 3 G22, with additional G31 barrel, shortly thereafter.. Cool

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Freedom is a wonderful thing. Happy 4th of July. Here's my newest acquisition. I'll get around to RDS project sometime soon...or just sometime.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9691 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of my kids were in town for the fourth, my wife decided to do an early birthday for me, and gave me a G19X to ight after the fireworks. Unexpected, but a great present.

I was thinking maybe a book. Instead i got a 350 rd bucket of ammunition and the G19X. Very cool.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Great wife, Great Life

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Some of my kids were in town for the fourth, my wife decided to do an early birthday for me, and gave me a G19X to ight after the fireworks. Unexpected, but a great present.

I was thinking maybe a book. Instead i got a 350 rd bucket of ammunition and the G19X. Very cool.

My wife gave me an empty garbage bag, and pointed to the (full) kitchen garbage can....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I came home with a Glock 17from the gun show amd my,son almost blanked himself. He went on how I always said they were plastic,guns and as,long as there were sigs I would never buy one. The next day he went with me and got one of his own.s Glock 17 trade in from Cleveland pd, 3mahs amd all off,the accessories,for,$365. Now I want one in 10mm. I feel dirty in some way.

Posts: 63 | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
You will buy a Glock?

Sure but I'm at a point for the 1st time ever that I can't bring myself to sell a Glock either. Older Well Made versions.
GenII 17
Gen III 19

I've been mulling over some of my Glocks that I just don't use all that much these days. Despite the brand being my go-to, there ARE a few in my horde that I can afford to weed out, especially when I start acting on my active wantlist of future Glocks:

Gen5 G17
Gen4 G40 MOS
G19X, when the black version shows its face

Funny how my small paws are now pining for the bigger grips. I probably will get a Gen5 G19 as well, eventually, jus' 'cuz I have examples of the G19 in the previous generations. But it's not a done thing; I'm just not wowed by the latest G19 like I have been in the past, plus I recently realized that I already have way too many Gen4s of the model. How that happened I'm still trying to comprehend.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Bought a G43 w/ night sights early last week (first time without a 10 day waiting period Smile). Shot it last Friday, put 50 rds thru it. I love it, pretty much shoot it as well as my G26s. I'm still in the middle of waiting for my LTC process to go thru, but this Glock will be my primary carry gun.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non Nobis Solum
posted Hide Post
Up to three Glocks now
Glock 19 MOS
Glock 26
Glock 43

Another G19 is in the near future withe possibility of a 17

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 3616 | Location: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Well hell.

Just picked up a FDE LAV Glock 19 with XC1 and 2 holsters..........

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
This is the year of the Glock for me. First., I picked up a Glock 19x and I really like the longer grip for my wide palm hands. Second, my department is transitioning away from our 15+ year old Sig 229s (got them right before Sig came out with the light rails). We are going to Glock 17 for patrol officers with the option of Glock 26 for Detectives. So in preparation for this, I have been carrying my Glock 43 as a back up and off duty pistol. I have also been carrying a Glock 23 off duty. I just ordered a Glock 26 and some holsters for it, as it will probably be the main off duty pistol.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Glock 17 gen5 on order. Received the coupon from GSSF. Joined for 3 years and got the coupon immediately.

Posts: 52 | Location: Tucson, Arizona  | Registered: August 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

I don't believe you. I've tried 3 times to buy a Glock. Every time I've left the store with the Pistol I was comparing it to.

The one time I bought one was the G43 and I went in without a comparison. It's become a safe Queen because I find I always choose to carry & shoot something else.

I think it's something about the ergonomics. Those who love them, swear by them. Those who don't love them, never will.

There is one other group; those who don't love them, buy them anyway, and modify them until the do.

Posts: 31 | Registered: July 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post