SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Doggone it! I've had the urge today to pick up a G26. I guess it's a good thing the LGS is closed for a couple of days. Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When will I learn never to take my G19 to the range at the same time as another pistol? That's what I did Friday to test a new load recipe I came up with and shot so much better and easier with the G19 than my P226.

Dammit, I went back there yesterday and went home with a new gen 5 G19. Why did I do that?

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:

If I can find a Gen 5 G19 to handle, I'm probably going to have to buy it..
Maybe then a G5 G17 as well.

I picked a g19 up over the week end at a shop in Bedford. They had just one 19 left after my purchase. Best price I've seen other than LEO pricing.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I'll have to pick up a gen 5...
That's what I thought.

Visited the local gun store this weekend and handled a G17 Gen 5.
Wow, that grip angle was more drastic than I anticipated.

Think I will wait and look at a CZ 75 for now.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Picked up my G42 yesterday. Excellent feeling pistol, I love the size. It's just on the border of being pockatable for me. No way I could pocket carry a G43. Hopefully I'll get a chance to shoot her on Tuesday.

A few pics next to my Colt XSP.

I looked at a friends 42, and for the size and weight I picked up the 43 which is only about 1/2" longer ... I typically wear slacks, shirt & tie; carried it for a while in a similar pocket holster but it was just too bulky and heavy ... buddy let me carry his 42 for a couple days and I really couldn't see any difference ... picked up an LCP2 but besides its snappy recoil and poor accuracy in my hand ... then I picked up a Colt Mustang XSP (like yours only Grey) I fell in love! It carries well and just as important I can easily hit a 8" plate at 8 yds.
The LCP2 was good trading fodder when I found a CZ 75 Tactical Sport at my local funshop, it was just the extra kick my cash needed to bring it home!

The 43 is still in my safe, when I go out in jeans and an polo or t-shirt it's fine in my IWB holster but for every-day its the Colt.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The Mustang is a sweet pistol. Just sent my slide off to Novak today for some sights. My only real gripe with it. As crappy as the stock sights are it is a laser with the Gold Dots.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do you guys think of this trade?
Glock 26 gen 3 with tru glo tfo's in like new condition for my Sig P320 compact with night sights also like new condition.

Posts: 62 | Registered: June 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJRB:
What do you guys think of this trade?
Glock 26 gen 3 with tru glo tfo's in like new condition for my Sig P320 compact with night sights also like new condition.

I'd do it. 26 is the best concealed pistol of all time in my opinion. Shoots like a full size pistol.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:

If I can find a Gen 5 G19 to handle, I'm probably going to have to buy it..
Maybe then a G5 G17 as well.

I picked a g19 up over the week end at a shop in Bedford. They had just one 19 left after my purchase. Best price I've seen other than LEO pricing.

Which shop and how much? Bit of a hike for me but not terrible.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Prefontaine,

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
Picked up a G19-5 from my local FFL. Just as nice as the 2nd, only better. A Glock without finger grooves is perfect.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Ordered a Gen5 G19 from Keisler's. Hope to have by next Wednesday!

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kone
posted Hide Post
Sold my Gen 4 19 to get a Gen 5 19.

I was sold @no finger grooves.

NRA Life Member

Dan Wesson CBOB 1911
Remington 1911 Government R1
Glock 43 BFG w/ICE Claw night sights
Glock 19 Gen 5
Colt LE6920CMP-OD bullet button removed
Mossberg 500 20g 18.5
Mossberg 590 Shockwave 20g
Mossberg 500 12g 20
Mossberg 930 HD 18.5

Posts: 352 | Location: Near Northtown, Nevada | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Well, based on Para's first post that started this thread, I've secretly fallen in love with a Sig and a CZ (but not at the same time), and have fondled both late at night (but not at the same time). BUT, I have remained true, I have NOT messed with any GLOCKS. The thought crossed my mind about a year ago, but I resisted temptation going to the dark side. I'll definitely let you guys know if anything changes.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8683 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I handled a Gen 5 19 the other day, liked it, and almost bought it, until I looked at all of the changes that they made to the internals. I didn't really care for the new trigger spring mechanism, or the ambi slide stop/release, and the non compatibility of parts with earlier versions. It felt nice, I like the new grip, and, the nose treatmrnt on the slide, but wère the frame cut out and mag well flare really necessary? Guess I'm just one of those satisfied shooters w/ my Gen 3 guns, which leaves more for everyone else.

c4

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
That's funny, for all the reasons you don't like the Gen 5 G19, they're the very reasons I like it, and also bought a new G-5 17. Just goes to show we all have different taste, the new trigger is much better, as is the barrel, and no finger grooves make the 5 Generation much better for my big hands to get a grip on the gun, mine also came with night sights, and a big welcome to the Ambi safety, oh, and not to mention how accurate this barrel is, Glock has made a lot of that bought this Gen 5 very happy, and I still love my Gen 4's and will never get rid of them, they all have a purpose...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
That looks good Nate. Slide cuts not to over the top, nice and simple. I like that.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Not today, but close ... Steyr M9, most people either love'em or hate'em; no in between. It's mostly because of the triangle sites.
Oh, and this is a "ban gun" it could otherwise hold 15-16 rounds but it comes with 2-ten round mags. It's very comfortable in the hand and to shoot. I traded into one back during the ban but I was more into 45's then and didn't see the "need" for it.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I love all my Sigs, but I also love my Glocks, just picked up two new Gen 5's, a G-19, and a G-17, BOTH ARE FANTASTIC, and I love the new features, these new Gen 5's actually have an ambi safety that really works without having to use two hands and everything else they did makes me happy...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TENWOLVES:
I love all my Sigs, but I also love my Glocks, just picked up two new Gen 5's, a G-19, and a G-17, BOTH ARE FANTASTIC, and I love the new features, these new Gen 5's actually have an ambi safety that really works without having to use two hands and everything else they did makes me happy...

Your Glocks came with ambi-safeties?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post