SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's your range bag?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your range bag? Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
I have been using an I-Shot bag. Still do. So far the only thing I've found that comes close to the same design is the 5.11 Range Ready Bag, which as I recall, rans about the same price ad the I-Shot was at the time.

What I particularly like are the pockets inside where I can put the pistols I plan to shoot. I can easily take at least four with me with the I-Shot along with ammunition and various other supplies for the range. There are side pockets for hearing protection, binoculars and a water bottle.

The side folds down and functions perfectly for a place to set down whatever pistols I'm shooting so they are protected from anything that might damage them on the shooting bench.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GORUCK 32L Kit Bag. It will hold a bunch of ammo, mags, ears, targets, etc, easily. I use other long gun cases as appropriate.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I use the Midway USA range bag which I think is the same as yours. It's the best range bag I've ever owned.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...ompetition-range-bag

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Midway range bags (the smaller, competition one IIRC).

Mags, pistol, small tool kit, ammo, eyes and ears.

Will bring a couple of smaller bags / ammo cans for rifle mags, ammo, bipods, and such - depending on if I’m shooting rifle or not.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I've gone back to using my Maxpedition Mongo Versipack. Or my Falcon III backpack when I bring out a AR pistol or my MPX. Sometimes I take both.

I finally gave up on a different pack not too long ago. I liked the build quality of my GPS backpack but its definite lack of carry capacity often annoyed me even though I rarely take more than three handguns to go shooting with. Lack of space for ammo is the chief gripe.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still using a Waller that can't be killed. Ammo goes into cans.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I've just been using an old LAPG large bail out bag. It holds staples, stapler, eyes, ears, first aid kit, etc.

All my ammo is loaded in mags. I rarely bring loose ammo to the range. Guns and mags come in their own bags. My kids and I usually back up to the stall and unload at a table then we start shooting.

I'm cheap, it's $5/person/hour and there's three of us, so we don't have time to load mags. And it's an hour drive away, so we like to keep it at at hour. I wish work would let me bring my kids in to use the range. By the time I retire and buy some land, they'll be adults.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Maxpedition MPB

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
this is my range bag

the pouch gets

timer
ammo
pad
pen/pencil
clipboard
ECI
glasses
ears
magazine(s)
multitool
stapler and staples
repair dots for the targets
and a few other things

pistol time and I have a generic range bag that holds just a couple of pistols and ammo, (rest is in the stool)

spotting scope has it's own cover, and the spotting scope stand is taken apart and stored in a M60 barrel bag

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Competitive Edge Dynamics - professional size. Can hold more than I want to carry at one time. Available in different colors.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIGWolf, I used a bag similar to yours for several years. I could keep 4 pistols, plenty of magazines, ammo, tools, and range supplies organized very neatly in one place. Over time, I started to feel increasingly ADHD at the range when shooting pistols though.

I made a point to never bring more than two rifles, and usually only one, so I could focus more on tweaking small details. Then I had the brilliant idea of trying the same thing with pistols. Now I am using an Explorer Tactical Two Gunner bag. It has just enough room for, at most, two pistols, five spare magazines, maybe three boxes of ammo, and a multi tool. I keep eye and ear protection in a cubby in the back of my car.

I really like picking pairs of pistols for each range trip. Sometimes it’s my Beretta 92FS and 87 Cheetah. Maybe a USP and a P226. G19 and M&P 2.0 Compact. Still a little ADHD, but with a much lighter bag.

Posts: 29 | Registered: September 09, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I use a S&W-branded bag that was a promotional item for buying my S&W 1911 probably 10-12 years ago; not sure who actually made it for them, but surprisingly, it's held up nicely, and it holds lots of gear. I do wish it had more compartments, though; the main cargo area has just one soft divider running lengthwise. On the plus side, it has 2 large, zippered end compartments and 2 zippered front compartments.

I carry a few boxes of ammo for whatever I'm shooting that day; two pair of Peltor 6-S muffs; several pair of over-the-glasses eye pro; pair of Mechanix gloves; masking tape; duct tape; hockey tape; large and small spring clamps; multi-bit screwdriver; precision screwdriver set; staplegun; staples; Bore Snakes in 9mm, .40, .45, and .22; band-aids; Sharpies; spare batteries for the ear pro; WetWipes; several types of non-muff ear pro; CPR shield; tiny bottle of CLP; shop towel; and probably other stuff I don't recall now.

Guns/mags go in separate soft or hard case(s).

One critical thing I'm missing here -- an IFAK! I need to figure out which one I want (or assemble my own) and get some training to use it. But that's a separate discussion...

Edited to add: a couple packs of Shoot-N-See targets. I knew I was forgetting something...

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I converted a nice backpack into my range bag.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Ive been using a Maratac EOD bag.

All I know is that whatever range bag I get next, its gonna have wheels.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Medium and a large (rarely used, too heavy when loaded) Bagmaster range bags and a Klein Tools leather and canvas tool bag for my spotting scope, tripod, small sandbags and a few other supplies and such.

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
There's different versions of this sort of solid foam insert for your ammo cans. I have some for various 1911 style so specific pistol plus filled magazines. They supplement soft bags for some of my needs.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really like picking pairs of pistols for each range trip. Sometimes it’s my Beretta 92FS and 87 Cheetah. Maybe a USP and a P226. G19 and M&P 2.0 Compact. Still a little ADHD, but with a much lighter bag.

This suggestion has a lot of merit. I find, sometimes, I take too much to the range and rather than focus on one or two guns, I take four. If I could still just pick two of the four to shoot, that would work, but that rather is what happens.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
I use the Midway USA range bag which I think is the same as yours. It's the best range bag I've ever owned.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...ompetition-range-bag

Looks like the same bag, just cheaper. Same with the competition bag.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I use a VooDoo Tactical bag that I got when we did a group buy a couple of years ago. It’s held up very well.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Midway Competition and Compact Competition, depending on the need. On sale, they're hard to beat. And now they even have colors other than black, which is a nice bonus.

Posts: 702 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post