SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Best Place to find older grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Place to find older grips Login/Join 
Picture of thumbbreak
posted
I'm looking for the original grips for a 1991 p226. Any help finding a company, company, some kind of stash for a set would be appriciated.

Thanks!

thumbbreak at yahoo dot com

Posts: 192 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
No stash.
Your only hope is checking fleabay and GB often, and place WTB in the Classifieds on whatever forums you're a member of.

Q

Posts: 26383 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thumbbreak
posted Hide Post
It was a long shot, maybe I'll get lucky... :|

Posts: 192 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
vintagegungrips.com

Posts: 828 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Email me which ones you are looking for? I might have as I converted to E-2 grips on a couple of 226s. dona5779@mac.com Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Numrich

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
example:
W.T.B.:
grips for
yadda
yadda
yadda
will pay $200.00, shipped
( contact info here)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thumbbreak
posted Hide Post
Already tried multiple times, but thank you for the assistance.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Have you tried:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/

Also, you're on the edge of putting a WTB ad outside the classifieds. Please don't make this a habit.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thumbbreak
posted Hide Post
I'm not asking for anyone to sell to me. Asking for guidance. I've posted multiple WTBs and now I'm looking for outside resources. Thank you to those that gave me some resources, I'm checking those now.

...And you wonder why people don't want to ask questions on this forum. Thanks!!!

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Another one to try is https://jack-first-gun-parts.myshopify.com/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Numrich

This is where I would look first.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumbbreak:
I'm not asking for anyone to sell to me. Asking for guidance. I've posted multiple WTBs and now I'm looking for outside resources. Thank you to those that gave me some resources, I'm checking those now.

...And you wonder why people don't want to ask questions on this forum. Thanks!!!

Hey man, it's not an issue unless you'd like to make one out of it.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Take it easy, arc.

To the OP, plenty of people ask plenty of questions here. We have unwritten guidelines which can cause difficulties for those less familiar with these guidelines, but don't make it seem like we're not helpful, because that is simply not true.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107582 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thumbbreak
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Just let me know what I did to offend and I'll correct the behavior.

Thank you.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I emailed you. You're fine. Everything's fine.

Posts: 107582 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Roger that.

I've been cleaning house, and I do have some older grips for the P220, and P228. If'n I had some P226 factory slabs I'd have sent them off to the lad.

I've been feeling generous.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
Have you checked your local ffl or smith? I know it seems stupid, but my local guy keeps quite an array of "spares" for a wide variety of firearms. Never know what's hiding in a box or a drawer in the back of the shop.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thumbbreak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Have you checked your local ffl or smith? I know it seems stupid, but my local guy keeps quite an array of "spares" for a wide variety of firearms. Never know what's hiding in a box or a drawer in the back of the shop.

I checked with the older FFLs in the area. One actually is my "go to" for all kinds of hard to find stuff. Nada.

Thanks!