SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Loaded Chamber Indicator
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Loaded Chamber Indicator Login/Join 
posted
Is this standard now? Was at the LGS today looking at a 320 xcompact and it had a dongle thing that sticks up when a round is in the chamber.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I've never seen one on a P320...if Sig is making them standard, I'm glad all three of mine were purchased before the change. I don't see the need, anyway...I can tell if mine are loaded just by glancing at the gap between the barrel hood and the slide through the ejection port.

Any chance you have a picture of what it looks like? I googled it and found several different designs...none of which looked like anything I would want on a weapon I own.

Posts: 8410 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Did you check the SIG website? Maybe CA compliant version?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Looks like it is standard on the 320 X compact model.
The video here mentions it.
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-xcompact.html

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My X Compact has it. Other than making cleaning the breech face more of a PITA, it is a non issue for me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16001 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
My M17 slide has it too.
The X Carry I bought did not have the indicator.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea and on the M17 make sure you don't lose that spring when you go to add an optic because Sig won't send you a new one.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If it helps get them into the more retarded states for people to acquire and enjoy, more power to them.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15499 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its horrendous, gets in your sight line and is distracting. WTF sig, things going well so you had to fubar?

Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
It's subtle compared to some of the other company's versions. (and you can feel it in the dark).

Someone traded me a Ruger SR45 a while back. Shot just fine, but I could not stand the hideous bright red huge indicator sticking up that rubbed into the holster. It had to go so I traded it, but not before it destroyed a brand new holster-

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
The subtle red edge of the extractor or a simple witness hole is much preferred for me. I was looking at my xcompact trying to figure out a good way to remove mine and fill the hole. If I had realized it when I bought it, I would have avoided buying the pistol.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Response from Sig-

Thank you for contacting SIG SAUER. Any of the newer X-series P320 models will have a loaded chamber indicator that sits in front of the optic sight plate. The models with the indicator will all have R2 in the model number, for example: 320XCA-9-BXR3-R2 as well as the P320-M17. Regards, Amy Lord Customer Service Representative

Esdunbar, I was set to buy the xcompact but the LCI was a dealbreaker. Worked out though, scored a CPO 320 compact cheap. Big Grin

Picture of 2risky
posted Hide Post
It's on my 320 X Compact. Doesn't bother me in the slightest and I didn't even notice it at first. The FNS 9 compact that I have also has one that is somewhat similar, except has a small red mark on it.

Posts: 658 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Why SIG why?

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The horror........the horror..... Smile

Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
We in MA have been living with the witness hole loaded chamber indicator for many years. It isn't so bad. Why did Sig go and do the pop-up one? It ain't gonna help sales at all, that's for sure. Come on Sig. Get your act straight.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2401 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Yea and on the M17 make sure you don't lose that spring when you go to add an optic because Sig won't send you a new one.

Why does Sig often do this? Sell a nice gun and not be able to sell you some absurdly small spring made like none other? I already lost my spring while also putting on my Delta Point Pro... just put the toggle back in and all works fine without the spring.... you can't see the thing anyway with the DPP mounted. I wish Sig would do what a few other manufacturers sometimes do and include about 7 1/2 cents worth of small, easily lost or broken parts with your gun purchase or at least sell them ONLINE without having to call and possibly having to experience one of the inexperienced phone people who don't even take the time to look you up by name, phone number or serial number and see that you own 12 or so registered with them Sigs.

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
556 rifle, my favorite 556
P320 M17 (not the expensive
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

Posts: 76 | Registered: August 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lost the spring on an X-Compact.
I couldn’t find an exact match, but I did take a Glock Gen 5 slide lock spring, and snip it down to .125 uncompressed length.
Just ran 200 rounds through it with no issues.

Until the Sig spring becomes common, and available, the snipped Glock spring Will have to do.

Posts: 181 | Location: NEPA | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just purchased an X-Compact from a fellow member. I did not notice the indicator until I removed the plate to install a Shield Mini Compact. The shield covers the toggle area, but the indicator just bothers me as something else to cause a malfunction. Any ideas what would happen if the indicator was just removed. I am thinking some additional gas might blacken the Shield's lens. Some gas is going to get past the indicator anyhow.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Although not a fan of LCIs, the one on the P230 is nice and unobtrusive, just some red paint on the top of the extractor, which is extended slightly when loaded. I am not a fan because of how I load the barney bullet, using a mag with one round in it. When the mag drops out empty, and the gun is in full battery, there's no other place the bullet can be but in the chamber.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post