SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts.
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 2.0 at 2000 rounds. Some thoughts. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks JL for response! ATEi seem like good people - note that they loaned pistols for the event in Detroit where hundreds of women were introduced to handguns and their safety.

Bullseye has become such a small part that I sense they are not keen on dealing with it.

Your contributions are always interesting and often valuable. Mac

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Well I went and finally did it. Picked up a 5” 2.0 with no safety or LCI. My dealer just started getting them in and it was the second one they had received. I was more than stoked when I saw it without the safety and LCI. I can’t wait to get it to the range and give it a go. I considered the 17 as I carry a 19 but I couldn’t resist the M&P this time around.

Planning on fiber optic front with black rear from Warren Tactical, APL, and one the fence about an Apex trigger kit. Their on sale currently at Rainier just not sure if I’m going to pull the trigger.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Hey post pics of a 5 inch with no LCI.

Thanks

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
As requested. Jerry I know you had talked about it and quite honestly may have forgotten at this point, but did you change the 2.0 trigger out to Apex and if so what where your thoughts.

G19 and M&P 2.0 5”
by adrian fisher, on Flickr

M&P 2.0

M&P 2.0

Still learning Flickr after years of photobucket, so here’s the link in case the photos don’t show

M&P 2.0 5”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 98XJRC,

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pics aren't working in this thread, but the link is good. That's a nice looking pistol.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 98XJRC:
As requested. Jerry I know you had talked about it and quite honestly may have forgotten at this point, but did you change the 2.0 trigger out to Apex and if so what where your thoughts.

I ran gun #1 stock for quite some time. Then on a whim, I did an impulse buy at my LGS and bought a duty carry kit and put in it. My other two 2.0s are stock as of today, including the 2.0 Compact that is my carry gun. The DCAEK allows me to milk just a little bit more performance out of the gun. I mean I ^think^ it makes the difference between burning .19 splits and .16.

The stock trigger is completely usable, and I think it is the best stock service pistol out of the box of any of the major players.

My first 4.25 and my 2.0 compact will leave this week to go out to Apex. Randy is going to inspect the high round count gun to see if there is any data of value for their design team, and probably slap a barrel in both guns. I've been talking about doing this for six months, but finally am making it happen. I plan on packaging them up today, and shipping them tomorrow.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
That’s great news that they got rid of the LCI on the 5”! Thank you for sharing that. I didn’t realize that had happened.

We can finally make our own CORE pistol with them now.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
That’s great news that they got rid of the LCI on the 5”!

You know that saved them money on each gun. Not only the part, but also the machine time on the slide. Good riddance.

I'm a lot like you that I can't believe it took them this long.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
Good news on the LCI. Now, when will they finally run out of FDE and make black ones?

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Good news on the LCI. Now, when will they finally run out of FDE and make black ones?

www.opspectraining.com

Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
For those not aware S&W is currently running their summer promotion which is a $50 cash card for the purchase of an M&P pistol (minus Shields). Couple other models available as well with varying levels of cash. While I paid $499 it takes what Sportsman Outdoor Superstore has at $429 to $379 after rebate.

Sportsman’s Outdoor Superstore

S&W Summer Promotion

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 98XJRC:
For those not aware S&W is currently running their summer promotion which is a $50 cash card for the purchase of an M&P pistol (minus Shields). Couple other models available as well with varying levels of cash. While I paid $499 it takes what Sportsman Outdoor Superstore has at $429 to $379 after rebate.

Sportsman’s Outdoor Superstore

S&W Summer Promotion

I narrowly missed a new $349 2.0 compact this weekend...pre-rebate price. Smokin' deal.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 813 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Follow-up on mounting Venom onto DW: After lots of contemplation, noticed that back of the rear sight is a flat - milled in front of the rear-sight-cut even with back flat & just enough to fit sight with sight's screws going into insert in the unchanged rear-sight-cut. The insert has to be wider than the slide. Not perfect, but much less material removal and one could remove the red-dot stuff and insert iron sight.

Still, M&P9 M2.0 + two-dot-sear and a few minutes work results in a very useful improvement.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
Follow-up on mounting Venom onto DW: After lots of contemplation, noticed that back of the rear sight is a flat - milled in front of the rear-sight-cut even with back flat & just enough to fit sight with sight's screws going into insert in the unchanged rear-sight-cut. The insert has to be wider than the slide. Not perfect, but much less material removal and one could remove the red-dot stuff and insert iron sight.

Still, M&P9 M2.0 + two-dot-sear and a few minutes work results in a very useful improvement.

Primary machine, and I’m sure others do this as well, can cut for the dot and cut a glock dovetail in the slide for a glock sight.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Aight. My M&P 4.25 that is the subject of this thread, and my 2.0 Compact leave Monday for Arizona. They will come back with new gunsmith fit Apex barrels. Randy is also going to bust down the 4.25 and inspect it while it is out there. More out of curiosity than anything due to the round count.

www.opspectraining.com

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I’ll be very curious to hear what you think.

Thanks to the heads in this thread I picked up my 5” 2.0 without the LCI yesterday. Thanks guys.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Randy is also going to bust down the 4.25 and inspect it while it is out there. More out of curiosity than anything due to the round count.

What's the round count up to, now?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Passed 14k yesterday with the 800 rounds I shot

www.opspectraining.com

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Passed 14k yesterday with the 800 rounds I shot

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one of the 4.25" 2.0 when they first came out after hearing all the hype from S&W. While I think the out of the box trigger is better than the 1.0, I find the grip texture to be too aggressive, and I don't like the fact that I am unable to slam the mag home and have the slide ricochet home.

And the biggest bone I have with them is that they don't have a 5" yet in black.

Posts: 473 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post